Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2022 1:31:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ballisticxlr]
Well, I guess I should have capitalized, CITES not cites. Yeah, it was bait. I admit it. Anyway, I went hunting for an appendix II critter and got one. The old boy has been on part of our farm that it wasn't wanted on for over 6 years and couldn't be chased out so it was finally time to just put it down. 200m frontal headshot with a .308win running 175gr ELD from an Accuracy International rifle wearing an Ase Utra suppressor, IOR Recon scope and an Accu-Tac bipod. It was bloody cold (it's winter down here in South Africa) and I had rocks jabbing my nuts and a little breeze from left to right. Absolutely mushed the cranium, not a bit of the noggin that didn't give when you pressed on it was left. A bit of copper jacket material went as far as the middle of the neck but the rest of the bullet seems to have exited the back of the bean. It definitely felt zero pain. Front teeth were worn down to nubs. Old boy was closing in on 10 years old. Made quite a bit of biltong and droewors from the back half and some nice chops and steaks from the front half. The hide will be done as a flat skin to use as a rug in my chalet and the horns will be made into coat hooks. I don't normally use such gear for hunting but when doing culls it's helpful to be able to make mostly headshots to save on meat damage and me and the boys were in the middle of a springbok cull that day when we spotted this guy that has been needing a bullet for a long time and decided to go ahead and (pardon the pun) pull the trigger and get that work done.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome! Nice Bontebok. Good write-up.
Got a rogue white blesbuck once. I hope to go for bontebok, Eland and Cape Grysbuck.
Top Top