User Panel

Hunting rifle slings (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigbryce31186:
@Rhin0cerus I honestly don't remember. VTAC sells them, states they are uncle mikes swivels. These may be what i put on mine. Can't remember however.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rhin0cerus:
VTAC Hunting Sling
@bigbryce31186
These look nice. What swivels did you buy to put on the sling?
@Rhin0cerus I honestly don't remember. VTAC sells them, states they are uncle mikes swivels. These may be what i put on mine. Can't remember however.
I have other VTAC's and love 'em. My first hunting version arrived yesterday, which outta' the box looks like it'll work fine and is very lightweight. Just be aware if you order swivels from them, "1" means one swivel, not one pair of swivels. D'OH!
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 9:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Montana sling.  1 1/4"  Classic.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lokt:

These are great, but other than the jingle jingle jingle of the metal clips on metal swivels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lokt:
Originally Posted By fury413rb:
I honestly just use m1 garand slings

These are great, but other than the jingle jingle jingle of the metal clips on metal swivels.

@lokt

You can easily just dispose of the j hook and run the M1 cotton sling through the sling loop directly.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought one from FHF Gear  and really like it.  It has clips that you can use to attach to your pack as well.

Link Posted: 4/26/2023 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
VTAC Hunting Sling
View Quote

Bought two of these and used one during deer season last year. Not too happy.  Does not want to stay in place, so I either had to fight with it the whole time or carry the gun, which defeats the purpose.  I will probably sell both and look elsewhere.  I've had better luck with $15.00 slings from Walmart.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Vero Velini are very comfortable and don’t slip. I’ve got three of them that I use on different rifles
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]
VTAC Hunting Sling
View Quote

That is what I have on my X-Bolt.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I have tried multiple slings and never quite found a perfect sling. I have used Butler Creek neoprene with grippers, but it never really worked well. I still have them. I typically wear a backpack so it’s got to fit over the backpack straps and not fall off.  I did pick up 2 of the Claw slings a couple years ago on clearance for $10 each. They have a nice wide, grippy platform and works probably the best, not perfect, but the best I’ve tried. I am looking at the safari along though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Hunting rifle slings (Page 2 of 2)
Top Top