Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2024 5:08:32 PM EDT
These are some of the proposals, and there is a pretty big NR license fee hike inked in.  

Over-the-counter (OTC) archery: Limit all resident and nonresident archery licenses - limited licenses to be available through the draw by management area (Data Analysis Unit (DAU) or Game Management Unit (GMU)).
OTC rifle: Maintain the status quo; keep unlimited licenses available for antlered elk during the second and third general rifle seasons in OTC units. Keep limited either-sex or limited antlered elk licenses available in remaining limited units. All antlerless elk licenses remain limited. Limited licenses issued by GMU/DAU.
Addition of an optional* rifle deer hunt during the first regular rifle season (currently elk only).

Full list here.
https://engagecpw.org/big-game-season-structure

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
After hunting Colorado since 1998 I'm about to to tell them to suck it I'm done.  800 for the tag 100 for the "qualifying" license I'm over 900 in before I leave the house. Season days moved/cut non res % lowered no more over the counter not sure why I would keep giving them my damn money
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:05:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Don’t blame you a bit.  Been here since I was 17, when we had more cattle than people.  Place sucks now, but I think most of the west is like that now.
Everyone thinks we have the biggest elk herds around.   Bullshit.

Take away all the un huntable ones along the front range, and that’s a lot, we are no better than average numbers.   Only reason this place gets so much press and pressure is the unlimited OTC, and now we bend over the NR for a hunt.

I’m too old to be moving, but where in the hell would you move?
Grand junction is it for me.  I have mediocre hunting pretty close.
After last year, many would say it was terrible elk hunting lol.

I thought my bud from Keokuk IA would bail on this year after last year and now the extra $, but if he draws he’ll be out again all September.  All our archery is draw now.
His deer lease doubled in price in IA, that’s what got him coming here 5 years ago, and how I met him.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:42:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Iowaredneck] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DVCER:
Snip
View Quote

Keokuk is not far from me deer hunting here has gotten retarded (thanks big shot TV douche bags) I used to have about 4000 acres I could bow hunt I've lost all but one place other then family owned land.

Last year in Colorado was horrible seen 1 elk the whole season lucky as heck I was able to get him. By far the worst in the 21 hunts I've done tons of people very little to no sign and seen 1 elk

I got to look up what I got for deer and elk points but it's about time to cash them in keep going like this I'll have thousands of dollars in applying before I ever get the tags I want
Top Top