BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By darg508:

That’s the one I got and to answer my own question: whip fully extended gives me swr below 2 so the whip could be a little bit longer. Thinking about finding a small extension bolt with the m10 threading. Maybe need an inch or maybe three to get there.
View Quote

Where is your lowest "dip"? You can change the swr using radials also. Mine did not need to be fully extended to get 40m.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By darg508:

That's the one I got and to answer my own question: whip fully extended gives me swr below 2 so the whip could be a little bit longer. Thinking about finding a small extension bolt with the m10 threading. Maybe need an inch or maybe three to get there.
View Quote
If it's that close, a foot or so of semi-stiff wire with an alligator clip on the end clipped to the top and allowed to just flop there would be another option.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I will try the clipped on extra wire first to figure out how much I need. Looking right now for an extension and if it's just an inch or two I should be fine with bolt extensions.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Really make sure all the telescoping sections pulled apart…… mine had tight crimps resulting in me leaving the whip short.

The mysteries of this antenna continue.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top