Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 12:36:56 PM EDT
[#1]
So I made a couple batches of pickled eggs a couple months ago.

One batch was done with jalapenos.  The ones we selected were impressively hot and we diced up the jalapenos (2 good sized ones in a batch of a dozen eggs) and stuck them in with the eggs, seeds and all.
However, when my buddy and I actually got to try the eggs in question (picked for about 3 weeks before we tried them) there was almost zero heat to them.

Anyone else experienced this issue?  Did I just not use enough jalapenos?
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 8:14:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pilotshark] [#2]
Originally Posted By darkpaladin1:
So I made a couple batches of pickled eggs a couple months ago.

One batch was done with jalapenos.  The ones we selected were impressively hot and we diced up the jalapenos (2 good sized ones in a batch of a dozen eggs) and stuck them in with the eggs, seeds and all.
However, when my buddy and I actually got to try the eggs in question (picked for about 3 weeks before we tried them) there was almost zero heat to them.

Anyone else experienced this issue?  Did I just not use enough jalapenos?
View Quote

I am curious about this also

Great thread. I am going to try this
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 8:45:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Undaunted] [#3]
Gross. Waterglass then and eat them your way.

If pickling is it, great. It's not for all.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 5:58:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pilotshark] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Undaunted:
Gross. Waterglass then and eat them your way.

If pickling is it, great. It's not for all.
View Quote

If I understand correctly, waterglassing only works on fresh eggs and simply preserves them in the shell. Pickling allows usage of fresh or store bought eggs and stores them after having been cooked (and seasoned/marinated to your desired flavor) until you are ready to eat them after being stored for a similar amount of time.

Any reason one could not puree the spices, peppers etc before pickling?
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top