Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2023 10:30:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog]
UPDATE:  So I guess no one is using it.  Got it.  I'll start futzing with it once I get the new solar system working.  Gonna need more juice if I'm gonna run all these electronic doo-dads.

Previous
=====
So Dog Mahal 2.0 came from the factory with a Starlink "dish" and ancillary equipment already installed....

And absolutely nothing else as far as how to set it up or connect.  Zero paperwok.    

Now it doesn't seem like rocket science given the information on their website, but it sure is annoying that I have to probably disassemble some stuff to get at important numbers.

Fuckers.

Anyway.  I'm pretty sure that this is an in-motion system.  I'm probably not going to turn it on until Thanksgiving when we're down island at PINS with a half bar of cell signal.  

Anyone using it and have comments on "do" or "don't do" things?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1387Delta:
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Starlink system in the next week.  How is your system?  are you happy with it?  Any issues?  Hope you are still getting notifications
View Quote

I've still not set it up.  I tried briefly over Thanksgiving, but did not get it working.  Then Christmas was a wash since it was freezing all over the country.  And now it's been a crazy spring and we've barely used the RV.  That changes starting Monday.  We'll be in the Black Hills for a couple of weeks where I'll already have good internet service.  So I'm going to try to at least get it talking up there.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Top Top