Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2024 10:57:40 PM EDT
How long can your license be expired and still be able to renew without retesting.  

Not sure if that is a thing or not or just pay to renew.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Google does not work at your house?  It's called the "grace period."  Evidently 2 years

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-lm&q=fcc++amateur+radio++grace+period
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Well mine will be three years expired next week. I guess it is back to the drawing board if I want a license.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You can take the technician exam then provide proof of a general or extra and be relicensed as a general or extra.  We just had a local guy do this, even for his old call back.

https://kl7aa.org/vec/renewal-of-expired-licenses/
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Renewed mine but never got a certificate. Guess that's the new normal for FCC.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 4:08:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well mine will be three years expired next week. I guess it is back to the drawing board if I want a license.
View Quote
What?!

Branded TV Series Theme Song

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Renewed mine but never got a certificate. Guess that's the new normal for FCC.
View Quote

If it is the same as it was when I last renewed, there is a box to check for receiving a paper copy.
Rob
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 7:54:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If it is the same as it was when I last renewed, there is a box to check for receiving a paper copy.
Rob
View Quote

Ok, I probably missed that.

Link Posted: 7/22/2024 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The FCC stopped issuing paper copies back in 2021.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Google does not work at your house?  It's called the "grace period."  Evidently 2 years

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-lm&q=fcc++amateur+radio++grace+period
View Quote

Google provides search results, but doesn't necessarily tell you everything.  

This being a discussion forum, perhaps the OP imagined that knowledgeable people would comment and he might gain some perspective on the issue and have confidence in the information conveyed.

Now that this thread exists, it may help others in the future.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link to get official copy of your FCC license

The FCC stopped mailing licenses out several years ago, so if you need a copy follow the link above.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top