Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 105
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Make sure to use some sort of cylinder or lift lock.

There's lots of stories of hydraulics or hydraulic lines suddenly failing and the FEL - along with whatever is in it - dropping like a rock.  Despite the possible negatives, I still think it's far easier than climbing a ladder to work (you still have to use a ladder to reach the work platform).  You can put all your tools and materials and let the tractor lift it; you're not trying to carry it up a ladder.  Plus, you have far more room and it's much stable than trying to work off a ladder.  I'll take working off a work platform at height any day of the week.

Good luck.
View Quote

There are definitely risks associated with depending on the hydraulics, but when compared to the risks of a ladder, I'd call it a wash.  Our project was an OSHA inspector's nightmare.  One guy was working out of the bucket, and one out of the man lift.  We would usually only stay in one spot for a minute or less, so the tractors were almost constantly moving.  Since we were moving around so much, no lift locks were employed.  I'm not advocating it, but that's how we do it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 9:45:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Buckshot4U] [#2]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:
Was that a kit or who bent the steel?
View Quote

It was a kit.  They're pretty slick.  I think that my cousin will have around $4,000 (with free labor) in this one all said and done.  I've helped put up four of these in the past year and the uncle and cousins have helped put up a few more.  If we really had our crap together, I think that we could build one start to finish in a day.

ETA: @sea2summit , I helped get the tarp on this Saturday and I was corrected: the $4K figure I quoted should have been about $2,700.  That's pipe, hoops and tarp.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Buckshot4U:

There are definitely risks associated with depending on the hydraulics, but when compared to the risks of a ladder, I'd call it a wash.  Our project was an OSHA inspector's nightmare.  One guy was working out of the bucket, and one out of the man lift.  We would usually only stay in one spot for a minute or less, so the tractors were almost constantly moving.  Since we were moving around so much, no lift locks were employed.  I'm not advocating it, but that's how we do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Buckshot4U:
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Make sure to use some sort of cylinder or lift lock.

There's lots of stories of hydraulics or hydraulic lines suddenly failing and the FEL - along with whatever is in it - dropping like a rock.  Despite the possible negatives, I still think it's far easier than climbing a ladder to work (you still have to use a ladder to reach the work platform).  You can put all your tools and materials and let the tractor lift it; you're not trying to carry it up a ladder.  Plus, you have far more room and it's much stable than trying to work off a ladder.  I'll take working off a work platform at height any day of the week.

Good luck.

I disagree with the safety aspect being a wash; but let's concede the point to make a bigger one:

There's no way I could get the work done without the lift.  Climbing 10' in a 10' step ladder to do work at 14-16' high.  Simply not happening.  So the choices now are:  It doesn't get done, it gets hired out or I rent some piece of equipment (from the rental place 35 miles one way away).  Which pretty much means it's not getting done.  A 2x6/4x4 or one of those cylinder locks pictured above vastly reduces the chance of an accident and of falling.

As usual, your mileage may vary.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 5:29:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: winddummy82] [#4]
Originally Posted By StealthM8:
Big crops are corn, soybeans, and sugar beets.  Some edible beans, wheat, oats, potatoes, alfalfa.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/215362/20200518_054959_jpg-1421410.JPG

View Quote
thanks for the reply. Being born and raised in Chicago with summer visits to grandparents house in Iowa I've always found agriculture extremely fascinating. A few years back I was trying to explain to my niece and nephew that most corn isn't edible. They looked at me like I was crazy. Do any large scale farmers (1,000 acres or more)plant only sweet corn or is that to risky?

ETA: for clarity would a farmer with 1,000 total acres to farm put it all into sweet corn?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By winddummy82:
thanks for the reply. Being born and raised in Chicago with summer visits to grandparents house in Iowa I've always found agriculture extremely fascinating. A few years back I was trying to explain to my niece and nephew that most corn isn't edible. They looked at me like I was crazy. Do any large scale farmers (1,000 acres or more)plant only sweet corn or is that to risky?

ETA: for clarity would a farmer with 1,000 total acres to farm put it all into sweet corn?
View Quote
All corn is edible. Sweet corn has simply been bred to taste better, hence the name.  Where do you think corn flakes, the sweetener in your Coke, and countless other food products come from?  Good old regular field corn.

Sweet corn makes up 2% of the corn grown in Minnesota and it's one of the highest producing sweet corn states in the country.  It takes expensive specialized equipment and is usually grown under contract for the large canning companies such as Green Giant, Libby's, Birds Eye and Delmonte.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Lots of things are edible but that doesn't mean you want to eat it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:11:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#7]
Moved my Back 20 Deer Shooting House outside so it could be used as an expedient porta-potty while I'm getting my roof replaced.

Need a small building moved?  It's nice just to pick it up and move it wherever you want it.

Enough talk, let's see some pics:

Out of the shop and on it's way:

About 50 feet away later:

And it's ready for P-P duties!  The 5 gallon bucket with lid on top is to the left inside in this pic, out of sight.  The black plastic is there for just privacy and/or rain protection of the toilet paper and is temporary; I'll remove it once I resume finishing it out.

And you most of you by now should have seen this one coming:  My obligatory scenic shot:

As usual, thanks for looking!

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:40:36 AM EDT
[#8]
New tractor:  

Attachment Attached File

New blue was bought with a log splitter, fork lift and FEL.  It has a SSQA, weighted tires, tow bar on back, 3rd function valve [none of which my Kubota has].  

My old tractor who now has a blue buddy:

Attachment Attached File

Used new blue with fork lift to unload the air compressor, rotary mower and box blade:

Attachment Attached File

I've ordered a grapple but beer-bug supply chain problems have kept it from getting here.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Deuskid:
New tractor:  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/481930/LS_4140_Apr_2020_jpg-1424690.JPG

New blue was bought with a log splitter, fork lift and FEL.  It has a SSQA, weighted tires, tow bar on back, 3rd function valve [none of which my Kubota has].  

My old tractor who now has a blue buddy:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/481930/B3200_Apr_2020_jpg-1424691.JPG

Used new blue with fork lift to unload the air compressor, rotary mower and box blade:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/481930/new_tools_5-9-2020_jpg-1424695.JPG

I've ordered a grapple but beer-bug supply chain problems have kept it from getting here.  
View Quote

Outstanding!  who did you order the grapple from?  I'm about 10 days out of having my EA land leveler.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Merlin:

Outstanding!  who did you order the grapple from?  I'm about 10 days out of having my EA land leveler.  
View Quote

@Merlin

72" Top Dog Granite Grapple thru Rural King
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:37:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DrkSide06] [#11]
Going to pick this 7ft Servis rear blade up tomorrow.  It's bigger than I was looking for but it's got the offset feature that I need at a price I can afford.  Everything attachments was 6 weeks out getting one.

I've got to cut in a side of a ditch and this should get the job done. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DrkSide06:
Going to pick this 7ft Servis rear blade up tomorrow.  It's bigger than I was looking for but it's got the offset feature that I need at a price I can afford.  Everything attachments was 6 weeks out getting one.

I've got to cut in a side of a ditch and this should get the job done. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427538/Screen_Shot_2020-05-22_at_8_33_49_PM_png-1428398.JPG
View Quote

Love my EA 8' ED grader blade.  Was about 8 weeks last summer.  I think they're much better now that they've moved into their new building.  Ordered their extreme duty land leveler April 27, got the e-mail today that it will arrive at the Fed ex shipper next Wed. May 27!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Love my EA 8' ED grader blade.  Was about 8 weeks last summer.  I think they're much better now that they've moved into their new building.  Ordered their extreme duty land leveler April 27, got the e-mail today that it will arrive at the Fed ex shipper next Wed. May 27!!!!!
View Quote

I was looking at the EA blade but got a 6 week wait time and this one popped up.  I really need the offset to be able to kick it out to the side and cut the side of a ditch that was never finished.  Once i'm done with that I don't have a use for it so I hated to spend the money on a brand new one.  This one is a couple hundred pounds heavier than the EA as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#14]

I've got to cut in a side of a ditch and this should get the job done. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427538/Screen_Shot_2020-05-22_at_8_33_49_PM_png-1428398.JPG
View Quote

That's a good ole blade not to big and not to small. I have a Bison that's really to big for the 60hp tractor I use it on. But it's four way Hydraulic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:59:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#15]

I was looking at the EA blade but got a 6 week wait time and this one popped up.  I really need the offset to be able to kick it out to the side and cut the side of a ditch that was never finished.  Once i'm done with that I don't have a use for it so I hated to spend the money on a brand new one.  This one is a couple hundred pounds heavier than the EA as well.
View All Quotes

IMO, a grader blade (and rock rake for that matter) are almost useless without the pivot function.  Without it, the blade might be useful for snow removal or something like that.  But if you want to reach out and touch something, the pivot rules.  It's also one reason I buy oversize implements: removes the need to drive in the ditch or the blackberry bushes while doing roadwork or mowing.

And heavier is almost always better for 3ph implement, especially anything ground engagement.

However, you can overdo it in both weight and size.  For example, I bought this 10' monster grader blade in Oct. 2016 after looking for over 2 years.  Got it home and started working on it and then realized it was too big for my L4330 ~40 hp tractor.  

Quite frankly, I don't know what I was thinking.     You may not be able to tell, but the 3ph interface was Cat II/III.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Not sure if I've been in this thread yet, but here are some pics of my Massey Ferguson 1643 Hydro. It's been a pretty good tractor that has done quite a variety of different things on the farm. We just made a quick attach hook to go on the bucket so I can load/unload cages of 4' forms instead of using the CAT 262 all the time. Now the CAT will get a break because it won't be needed to move the 4 footers, only the 5, 6, and 8 foot cages. Perhaps tomorrow I'll post pics of the quick attach hook.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Not sure if I've been in this thread yet, but here are some pics of my Massey Ferguson 1643 Hydro. It's been a pretty good tractor that has done quite a variety of different things on the farm. We just made a quick attach hook to go on the bucket so I can load/unload cages of 4' forms instead of using the CAT 262 all the time. Now the CAT will get a break because it won't be needed to move the 4 footers, only the 5, 6, and 8 foot cages. Perhaps tomorrow I'll post pics of the quick attach hook.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Ran into a small issue that turned into a huge issue and almost rolling the tractor.  

Picked the blade up today and of course when I got home wanted to use it.  Attached and went to work cutting a ditch in a low area to try and get it to drain.  After a few passes as I kept loosing traction so I was taking small bites I took one a little too deep.  Blade steered the tractor into the ditch and I completely sunk it.  

Normally not an issue but the 3pt lift height wasn't enough to lift the blade to let me use the loader to walk it out.  Every time I tried I just buried the blade.  Ended up ditching it and dragging away with the 4 wheeler.  Still couldn't walk it out so used the truck to pull and eventually got it out.  

I could definitely see how an experience like this for a new tractor owner would lead to getting discouraged but I realize I'm going to break things and mess things up before I make it better.  

Only got one picture as I had already pulled it out a little.  Incline was enough when tension was left off the chain tractor wanted to roll over but luckily it didn't.
Attachment Attached File

@Merlin is there any way to increase the 3pt lift height on the 3510.  I looked in the manual and don't see any information on it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I remembered why I hate summer yesterday. Missing half of a lung makes physical labor in the humid months hell. Messed with hand digging up a stump for 15min yesterday and then hopped in the truck and went and bought a BX23S. Added the mechanical thumb, 3rd valve, and outrigger foot pads. Girlfriend isn't speaking to me over it, so it was an extra successful day.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Ran into a small issue that turned into a huge issue and almost rolling the tractor.  

Picked the blade up today and of course when I got home wanted to use it.  Attached and went to work cutting a ditch in a low area to try and get it to drain.  After a few passes as I kept loosing traction so I was taking small bites I took one a little too deep.  Blade steered the tractor into the ditch and I completely sunk it.  

Normally not an issue but the 3pt lift height wasn't enough to lift the blade to let me use the loader to walk it out.  Every time I tried I just buried the blade.  Ended up ditching it and dragging away with the 4 wheeler.  Still couldn't walk it out so used the truck to pull and eventually got it out.  

I could definitely see how an experience like this for a new tractor owner would lead to getting discouraged but I realize I'm going to break things and mess things up before I make it better.  

Only got one picture as I had already pulled it out a little.  Incline was enough when tension was left off the chain tractor wanted to roll over but luckily it didn't.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427538/IMG_1808_jpg-1429882.JPG
@Merlin is there any way to increase the 3pt lift height on the 3510.  I looked in the manual and don't see any information on it.
View Quote

There's an old saying a tractor is not broken in till the seat has ass bite marks or the steering wheel has teeth marks!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SigsandCider:
I remembered why I hate summer yesterday. Missing half of a lung makes physical labor in the humid months hell. Messed with hand digging up a stump for 15min yesterday and then hopped in the truck and went and bought a BX23S. Added the mechanical thumb, 3rd valve, and outrigger foot pads. Girlfriend isn't speaking to me over it, so it was an extra successful day.
View Quote

It'll be alright when she learns the front end loader is the cat's meow for picking up limbs and planting shit around the yard.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Get can always get a girlfriend...unlike the tractor the next one doesn’t have to be larger
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#24]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427538/IMG_1808_jpg-1429882.JPG
View Quote

I’m not familiar with your tractor, but many time the lift arm linkage will be threaded so you can adjust the arms up or down.  Also, top link, higher hole on tractor side/lower on implement side usually cheats implement up higher
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's the hook attachment my dad and I made for lifting cages of panels with the Massey. We made it largely out of scrap steel we had kicking around the farm. Using it is as simple as sliding it over the hook that's welded to the top of the bucket and letting it rest on the cutting edge. Done. The loaded cages weigh about 1,000lbs.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Bought a new 1025R last week. Loader, backhoe and 60D mowing deck. Had it out today mowing and moving wood from felled trees. Went to put the mower back on and it wouldn't go. Turns out, the flange nut and washer that helps adjust the belly PTO connection vibrated off and the connector was facing down. Bent the rear retention rod on the mower deck. Little pissed right now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Mowing the orchard today. Smells Amazing!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:
Here's the hook attachment my dad and I made for lifting cages of panels with the Massey. We made it largely out of scrap steel we had kicking around the farm. Using it is as simple as sliding it over the hook that's welded to the top of the bucket and letting it rest on the cutting edge. Done. The loaded cages weigh about 1,000lbs.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3241/IMG_3045_JPG-1430872.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3241/IMG_3044_JPG-1430873.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3241/IMG_3041_JPG-1430874.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3241/IMG_3042_JPG-1430876.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3241/IMG_3043_JPG-1430877.JPG
View Quote

That’s slick.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

That’s slick.
View Quote

Yeah I have to agree and I bet it would work great with log tongs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:33:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#30]
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

Yeah I have to agree and I bet it would work great with log tongs.
View Quote

Speaking of which, my log tongs became totally irrelvant once I got my grapple.

Anyone in north  AL or SC TN want one, let me know; I'll give it to you for free.  It's a Logrite, so it's USA quality.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:53:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Removed a couple holly bushes that were way too close to the house (not my doing). The stumps were surprisingly resistant to being pulled out

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Now that's an impulse purchase

I toyed with getting one of those myself, but decided I would probably not use the backhoe enough to justify it. I ended up with a low hour BX2380 with a loader and belly mower. As I get older, I can relate to the whole physical labor in the heat - about an hour and I'm beat.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#33]

You’re cutting early.

Wet wrap? Or just getting it off to drill early?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By PKT1106:
Bought a new 1025R last week. Loader, backhoe and 60D mowing deck. Had it out today mowing and moving wood from felled trees. Went to put the mower back on and it wouldn't go. Turns out, the flange nut and washer that helps adjust the belly PTO connection vibrated off and the connector was facing down. Bent the rear retention rod on the mower deck. Little pissed right now.
View Quote

That sucks.

Last weekend I was mowing some property I bought a while back. When I was getting ready to leave, I had the tractor back on the trailer and was chaining it down. Found a small nut on the trailer deck under the tractor. Bought the tractor new last fall. No idea if the nut came off the tractor or not. Spent a bunch of time looking around, crawling underneath, can't find where it would have came from. It's possible it came from somewhere else and it's not relevant at all, but I have no idea; not a good feeling.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Mowed another 5 acres with a 8' rotary cutter and gave my 14 year old son some seat time.  He said "this is peaceful".  I'm glad I have the opportunity to raise my boys to know about life in the country.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Carefully examine the differences between the AS vs HF qhick hitches, especially the top hook.  A lot of people have problems with interference with the HF's top hook.  Which they fix by buying the AS top hook afterwards.

AS QH top hook:

https://www.agrisupply.com/images/xl/86528.jpg

AS QH, note the clearance of the top hook:

https://www.agrisupply.com/images/xxl/65052_3.jpg

HF QH:

https://shop.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_11990.jpg
Note that the AS version's top hook sticks out the rear a bit further.  A bunch of YT videos on the HF top hook clearance problems.

Good luck!

View Quote
@Merlin

GREAT tip on the AS hook.  Mine came in Friday and I can now hook up all my QH attachments a lot easier/faster.  ex: my box blade top link would always bind on the HF hooks bolt heads, but that little offset in the AS hook made all the difference!
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Glad it helped!

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:29:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparkyD] [#38]

Anyone in north  AL or SC TN want one, let me know; I'll give it to you for free.  It's a Logrite, so it's USA quality.

https://i.imgur.com/L61bcft.jpg

View Quote

True but hold onto them. I had a bale core do a stopage in my feed mixer and couldn't get hold of it and the trusty old log tongs worked like a charm. Plus they are still had to beat for skidding larger logs than you can lift.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#39]

True but hold onto them. I had a bale core do a stopage in my feed mixer and couldn't get hold of it and the trusty old log tongs worked like a charm. Plus they are still had to beat for skidding larger logs than you can lift.
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/L61bcft.jpg

I have no idea what you said in your 2nd sentence.  

Any logs I can't pick up, the tongs won't fit anyway:

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#40]

https://i.imgur.com/by4gi2I.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zSlxb1o.jpg
View Quote

Round bale core stopped the feed mixer up. You need a bigger pair of log tongs. But I guess chokers would be safer. But then again I wouldn't tackle the log in your picture with that small a tractor. I would get the skid steer or the 85hp.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#41]

Round bale core stopped the feed mixer up. You need a bigger pair of log tongs. But I guess chokers would be safer. But then again I wouldn't tackle the log in your picture with that small a tractor. I would get the skid steer or the 85hp.
View All Quotes

I gots to use what I got.  There's no backup tractor around here!  

And no fair changing the goal posts:  You never said anything about a dick measuring contest!!!  
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By PA452:

That sucks.

Last weekend I was mowing some property I bought a while back. When I was getting ready to leave, I had the tractor back on the trailer and was chaining it down. Found a small nut on the trailer deck under the tractor. Bought the tractor new last fall. No idea if the nut came off the tractor or not. Spent a bunch of time looking around, crawling underneath, can't find where it would have came from. It's possible it came from somewhere else and it's not relevant at all, but I have no idea; not a good feeling.
View Quote

I hate that feeling. Does this but go here? Where did this screw or bolt come from? Don't know until something falls apart.

Anyway, I sent the dealer pictures and asked what the repair/replace system was. The dealer sent a tech that lives near me out with parts on his way home. He replaced the damaged rod and springs and adjusted the deck and the height of the mid PTO. A couple of looks at fitment and I was back in business.

I was asking about add-ons and what they consider to be warranty-killers. He couldn't say anything specific, but I got the impression that as long as you don't mess with the drive train, add-ons are not going to void a warranty. I was asking specifically about things like a Heavy Hitch or a step that mounts to the loader connection arm. He also mentioned that the base loader arms that are connected to the frame are Red Loc-tited in now because they are considered a critical interface.

Overall, very helpful and responsive. But, it's raining today, so I have to wait to get back to it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By PKT1106:

I hate that feeling. Does this but go here? Where did this screw or bolt come from? Don't know until something falls apart.

Anyway, I sent the dealer pictures and asked what the repair/replace system was. The dealer sent a tech that lives near me out with parts on his way home. He replaced the damaged rod and springs and adjusted the deck and the height of the mid PTO. A couple of looks at fitment and I was back in business.

I was asking about add-ons and what they consider to be warranty-killers. He couldn't say anything specific, but I got the impression that as long as you don't mess with the drive train, add-ons are not going to void a warranty. I was asking specifically about things like a Heavy Hitch or a step that mounts to the loader connection arm. He also mentioned that the base loader arms that are connected to the frame are Red Loc-tited in now because they are considered a critical interface.

Overall, very helpful and responsive. But, it's raining today, so I have to wait to get back to it.
View Quote

Yikes!  I just had to remove one of mine to replace a hydraulic pipe that went between it and the frame.  Due to the length of the pipe and the bends, there is no way to do it with the loader frame on (shy of cutting the pipe in half, flaring both ends and assorted couplings).  I'm sure such issues are model specific, but I'm not sure I'd want anything on my tractor red loc-tited on.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 9:09:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sparkyD] [#44]

And no fair changing the goal posts:  You never said anything about a dick measuring contest!!!  
View All Quotes

I can't help it I have a small tractor phobia. That happens when you flip one onto it's side or have a hay rake try to crawl onto the operator station with you when you turn to sharp.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#45]

I can't help it I have a small tractor phobia. That happens when you flip one onto it's side or have a hay rake try to crawl onto the operator station with you when you turn to sharp.
View All Quotes

I had my hay Tedder unpin from the tractor, then do cart wheels behind me.  Literally, the Tongue dug in, flipping it up in the air, bouncing on the back end, the back up, then till the tongue dug in again.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

I had my hay Tedder unpin from the tractor, then do cart wheels behind me.  Literally, the Tongue dug in, flipping it up in the air, bouncing on the back end, the back up, then till the tongue dug in again.
View Quote

I know it's not funny but it would have been fun to watch.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#47]
... and the tachometer cable went TU.  Of course it couldn't have occurred a few weeks back when I had the cowling off and the front end torn down.  Not a big deal, but an unneeded PITA.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

Fortunately I had my NH TN60a with a front end loader.  No bucket.

I was able to hook the back with the quick detach plate.  Then pin the tongue to the bucket. Lift it up and set it back down gently right side up.

Only broke 1 Tedder tine.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Had the 1025R out testing the backhoe. Have a few tree stumps that need removed and I figured they were good candidates to try the backhoe.

It's good for it's size. With no roots in the way, it pulled up dirt very well. Like it was air.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Sometimes a PHD isn’t gonna cut it....today for example
Attachment Attached File
Page / 105
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top