Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2023 10:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terminal-Lance]
It's everything I thought it would be and so much more

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I live for those views! Looks like a wonderful and peaceful time!
The wife and I had one on a day trip last week called Half Moon Lookout in West Virginia.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
How busy is it on the North Rim, any more pics.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice view, OP.

Keep heading west in The Strip for more incredible scenery and even fewer people. One of my favorite spots on the planet.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:03:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Terminal-Lance] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CJ7365:
How busy is it on the North Rim, any more pics.
View Quote

Not that busy all week most that have driven up here have left right away one night we had three other vehicles overnight.

I will post pictures once we get somewhere this week that has decent cell service
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The North Rim park doesn't have running water due to a broken pipe from winter and it won't be fixed until sometime in mid July at the earliest.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

View from the south view last week.

I kept waving at you but you never seen me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
The north rim is awesome. I was there on one of those rare days when the air is clear enough to see Mt Humphries.

The drive by the Vermillion Cliffs and across the Kaibab Plateau are worth the trip.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Spent a week or so at Jacob Lake this year. If you went to the North Rim you drove through there. Absolutely beautiful area. If you visit the area again I would suggest stopping by Navajo Bridge and maybe get to see a California Condor also driving up toward Page and visiting Antelope Slot Canyon. Simply amazing.
OP, did you see any of the Kaibib squirrels??
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GaryM:
Spent a week or so at Jacob Lake this year. If you went to the North Rim you drove through there. Absolutely beautiful area. If you visit the area again I would suggest stopping by Navajo Bridge and maybe get to see a California Condor also driving up toward Page and visiting Antelope Slot Canyon. Simply amazing.
View Quote

Yep. And pull off the south side of the highway to see the House Rock Valley Buffalo Herd.
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Beautiful! On my list to visit
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been to the South Rim maybe 10 times.  I've hiked to the bottom once and did a 6 day j-boat raft tour once.  The 4 days I spent on the North Rim at Point Sublime were unbelievable.  It's just amazing there.

Top Top