Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2024 9:50:31 AM EDT
Title says it, who do you use?  Your car / house insurer, Good Sam, others?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Good Sam has been the best rate for me.

I have priced a couple other places.

Fortunately I have never had to use it
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:07:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Erie for everything.  Home, auto, rv.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Progressive. Bundled with the car and boat.

Had Allstate, never again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Progressive.  They were much better than Good Sam.  Allstate left me on the side of the road without CS after being a customer for20+ years.
I ran over some unavoidable road debris in a construction zone last year and was able to get a claim started immediately.  They proved receptive and worked with Camping World in the state where the problem happened to get us whole.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Progressive. They replaced a crushed RV with no more than the usual hassles.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
One more question, if you have had the misfortune to use your insurance.  

What made me rethink my coverage is a vlog where the guy had an incident and no one would cover the damage.  Specifically, instead of a wreak, a section of road construction damaged the frame, axel and some components inside like a fridge.

His insurance bundled with his auto would only cover say a collision or a fire.  

Any thoughts on what company has the best reasonable coverage?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FreeAmerican:
One more question, if you have had the misfortune to use your insurance.  

What made me rethink my coverage is a vlog where the guy had an incident and no one would cover the damage.  Specifically, instead of a wreak, a section of road construction damaged the frame, axel and some components inside like a fridge.

His insurance bundled with his auto would only cover say a collision or a fire.  

Any thoughts on what company has the best reasonable coverage?
View Quote

I eluded in my first post that I ran over some road debris, a complete tire retread in bumper to bumper traffic.  The hard rubber ripped the sewer pipe off the bottom of my camper.  We stopped, took pictures, sent them to Progressive and continued on.  Fortunately, we were on the way home so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  Progressive proceeded immediately with a claim. They were on the problem from the beginning; Camping World not so much.  

As an aside, we traded that camper, a bumper pull, for a 5th wheel, while the trailer was waiting to be repaired.  I never actually knew whether or not the repair was made. Progressive eventually closed the claim, we use them for our 5th wheel with no mention made of the claim.  I always wonder whether some unsuspecting family bought that camper from Camping World without a sewer connection on the bottom.  With Camping World, nothing would surprise me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By str8shuutr45:

I eluded in my first post that I ran over some road debris, a complete tire retread in bumper to bumper traffic.  The hard rubber ripped the sewer pipe off the bottom of my camper.  We stopped, took pictures, sent them to Progressive and continued on.  Fortunately, we were on the way home so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  Progressive proceeded immediately with a claim. They were on the problem from the beginning; Camping World not so much.  

As an aside, we traded that camper, a bumper pull, for a 5th wheel, while the trailer was waiting to be repaired.  I never actually knew whether or not the repair was made. Progressive eventually closed the claim, we use them for our 5th wheel with no mention made of the claim.  I always wonder whether some unsuspecting family bought that camper from Camping World without a sewer connection on the bottom.  With Camping World, nothing would surprise me.
View Quote

Good to know.  Thanks
Top Top