Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2024 12:24:54 PM EDT
There's one for sale sorta near me, seller is asking $650.  Seems like a pretty decent HF rig, and yaesu says it's still supported.  What y'all think of it for that price?
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I operated one for a little while at a demo thing, seemed like a very nice radio. It's a little larger, and more traditional controls which for some is a plus. Receiver seemed very nice, and very quiet, had a great sound to my ear.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like it's a good deal at that price.  I'll contact the seller.  I figured it was the nicer version of the FTDX1200.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The 1200 came after as the cheaper version of the 3000.
Link Posted: 7/12/2024 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That is a good price on a solid radio.  I’ve been thinking of selling mine (don’t operate from home often anymore), and I’ve been seeing them sell for more like $900ish.  Hope you can snag it!
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 12:21:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tyrex13] [#5]
I miss my FTDX3000. It does almost everything my FTDX101D does and it has better ergonomics. That price is about half the going rate. I think used FTDX3000’s are the best value on the used market even at $1,1000-$1,200. I keep thinking about buying mine back from the guy I sold it to.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
for like $200 more why not the ft 710?
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By penrod72:
View Quote

3 antenna ports, RX in, IF out, better TX audio, similar DNR performance, better ergonomics, no touchscreen. What’d I miss?
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 8:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K0UA] [#8]
Originally Posted By tyrex13:

3 antenna ports, RX in, IF out, better TX audio, similar DNR performance, better ergonomics, no touchscreen. What’d I miss?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No waterfall. No external monitor either  After having owned "blind" radios for most of my ham career. I would NEVER buy another blind radio. I feel that strongly about that. And I have owned some of the best blind radios in the past. I feel that strongly about that subject. YMMV.

I class operating a radio with a waterfall similar to a man that has been blind all of his life, and then having his sight restored. I CAN SEE!. Yep, it is that life changing. Radio is now visual, not just audiotory.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

No waterfall. No external monitor either  After having owned "blind" radios for most of my ham career. I would NEVER buy another blind radio. I feel that strongly about that. And I have owned some of the best blind radios in the past. I feel that strongly about that subject. YMMV.
I class operating a radio with a waterfall similar to a man that has been blind all of his life, and then having his sight restored. I CAN SEE!. Yep, it is that life changing. Radio is now visual, not just audiotory.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:

IF output would make it trivial to connect a cheap SDR dongle for a waterfall.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 11:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gamma762:

IF output would make it trivial to connect a cheap SDR dongle for a waterfall.
View Quote

Yup and combined with rig control is superior to a waterfall on rig IMO. Click on the computer screen and you’re on freq.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought mine back.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 8:02:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponeer1911] [#12]
It's been my primary shack radio for the last eight years.  I wouldn't swap it for any other radio.  It does everything I need rather well, and I like the fact that there are lots of knobs and buttons rather than menus and touchscreens.  Yeah, it doesn't have a waterfall, but I'm old and have been licensed for 63 years and I have never found the great need for one.  I never even turn on the waterfall on my FT-991A either.  I just don't think about it.

Sounds like a good price for a solid radio.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 9:43:50 AM EDT
[#13]
I still see them selling for $1,000+ around here. Still a sought after radio. That seems like a very good price.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Here's mine. I've had it for 5 years now. They are still popular radio's. Last time I was in R&L they had several used ones for $1,800. You can find a better deal buying from an individual than a dealer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#15]
If OP doesn't want it, I'll take it at that price
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#16]
@doople

Did you wind up with it?
Top Top