Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2024 9:26:46 AM EDT
An elmer in my club txted me last night and said he had a Like new FT-3000M and ask if I wanted it, said hes got enough 2m radio and  would like to see someone use it vs it sitting on his shelf...

He is going to meet me after work today to give it too me. No cost.
I'm sure its long discontinued, because when I search for it on the Googles, I don't get much.  Any places that had accessories, they are discontinued...

I thought that was pretty cool of him to offer.  New radio good or bad, high end or low end are always fun!!!
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is definitely an older and discontinued radio. That is nice that he is giving it to you. I don't have any first hand experience with the FT-3000M but it is a well liked radio.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Shit, that's a pretty fantastic older rig.

https://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/fm_txvrs/3774.html
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]
It looks like the higher-power version of the FT-7100, I have 3 of those radios.  They're pretty good rigs, I've had one setup on a PK-88 as a home packet station for several years.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Why is it that all the Youtube videos on this thing or in some other language than English.  
I did not see a single one in English.

Also, can this thing work repeaters?

I tried looking at the manual, but the few that I found only seem to go to like P.18 when the index shows at least 64 pages. Of the stuff I gleaned though, I did not see any text or mention of programing in a repeater.

But I could have missed it, I'm at work, lookin at this on my phone and working on 3 other issues at the same time.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like the higher-power version of the FT-7100, I have 3 of those radios.  They're pretty good rigs, I've had one setup on a PK-88 as a home packet station for several years.
View Quote

I bought an FT-7100 back in 2001

It's the only YAESU I sent back.

I exchanged it for a Kenwood TM-G707, which scanned really slow, but worked.

OP, I would be VERY SURPRISED if it didn't have auto repeater shift as Yaesu rigs before and after this one did.

Link Posted: 7/11/2024 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Certainly it works repeaters. It has both DCS and the older analog CTCSS (continuous tone coded squelch system)  It will even do odd repeater splits. I imagine that has to be programmed into a memory channel.

I would estimate that its value is still around $100.    Free is nice.

Remember new mic cords can be bought on e-bay for around $10 if that one is split and worn out. Those series of rigs always seem to have worn out mic cords. I have replaced a few. Eazy Peazy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2024 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like YAESU rigs for VHF/UHF

I find it easy way to program them.

I prefer Kenwood or Icom for HF.

I find YAESU HF rigs are less user friendly

Link Posted: 7/15/2024 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone find a full manual  for this radio?

Every version I've seen, the Index goes too like 58 or so, but the file it only goes to P18 and leaves me hangin...
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Thank ya sir.
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#12]
@smullen

Quoted:...Looks like it was only made for about 3 years....

https://rigpix.com/yaesu/ft3000m.htm...
View Quote

that link has the manual pdf.

https://rigpix.com/yaesu/ft3000m_manual.pdf
Link Posted: 7/21/2024 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like it was only made for about 3 years.
View Quote

Not unusual for model churn not all that many years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top