Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2024 10:09:31 PM EDT
My kids have always heard my fish stories from before we had kids. Once we started having kids it got to be too much for me to go fishing  (5 kids) so it came to be dad baiting hooks and taking off a couple fish along a horrible spot big enough for them all to safely fish. I always told of the days when I could go small mouth fishing and have a good fish on every cast. I think they always thought I was lying to them. Well Saturday night my oldest son called me and asked if I wanted to go fishing on Sunday. He always goes out in the boat with his friends so I was delighted that he thought of me. He comes to the house and we toss all out crap in my old jeep. I asked where he wanted to go, and he instantly replied with lets go hit your old fishing holes that you always talked about when we were kids. We get to this little bridge on this little creek that you can jump on rocks to get across. He let out a chuckle and said we weren't going to catch anything. I grabbed my pole and walked down over the bank. cast under the bridge and BAM!!!! instantly the first cast hits the water and it was a 17" small mouth. I with I had my phone in my pocket to take a picture of the look on his face. Well that was the only fish caught there so we jumped back in the jeep for the next spot. That was where all hell broke loose. It was the spot where that little creek dumped into a small local river. We parked and walked down to where it was. We both picked a spot and just started reeling them in. It was just like when I was his age. Nearly every cast resulted in a 10 to 12" small mouth. Some a little bigger a couple a little smaller and 3 really nice over the 15" keeper length.  He was in shock. I bet between the 2 of us we reeled in a little over 50 fish. I finally had enough after a couple hours my fingers were getting so cold from constantly being wet, and my thumb was just about ready to start bleeding  from taking fish off the hook.  I asked him if he had enough, and he said his hands were getting sore from reeling in so many fish. He was done too. He is used to sitting in a boat all afternoon and maybe catching 3 or 4 fish.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:48:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats awesome. Way to open his eyes Dad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top