Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2023 7:17:21 PM EDT
Looking for a rear bag to use with a barrett mrad.  Most shooting from a bench or prone.  Atlas bipod in the front.  For now not shooting off rocks, or pipes or whatever obstacles i see at competitions.  Regarding armageddon gear ive seen their name come up many times and they seem popular.   I have a "bag" made from socks and i think airsoft pellets.   I would like to get the most out of the rifle and im willing to buy an appropriate bag.   Any thoughts or personal experiences are welcome.    Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:13:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have several bags from both Armageddon Gear and Wiebad and they’re all top notch quality.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:47:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 1:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MSC182:
I have several bags from both Armageddon Gear and Wiebad and they’re all top notch quality.
View Quote

^ both good

others woth checking out...
black branch gecko2
Triad
long range only
dog gone good
eberlestock

a few others out there, but that will get you started down the rabbit hole  ;)
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought all 4 of these bags thru Triad Tactical, all get used with one gun or another, all were surprisingly inexpensive.....

Attachment Attached File

The 2 tab gear bags are handy, I mostly use either the smaller of the 2 tab gear bags, or the Triad wedge bag..

https://triadtactical.com/tab-rear-bag/
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MSC182:
View Quote

This.

Figure out what kind fill/feel you want and buy one.  I've got a more firm Wiebad rear bag and an Armageddon Gear squishy rear bag.  I find that the squishier rear bag is more versatile.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

I bought all 4 of these bags thru Triad Tactical, all get used with one gun or another, all were surprisingly inexpensive.....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/IMG_1861_jpeg-2788473.JPG

The 2 tab gear bags are handy, I mostly use either the smaller of the 2 tab gear bags, or the Triad wedge bag..

https://triadtactical.com/tab-rear-bag/
View Quote

I use my wedge a lot and sometimes supplement with a second bag when needed. Good bags.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
Yep. AG, Wiebad, and Tab Gear. All top notch.
View Quote

Heavy or light fill?

@skg_mre_lght
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
I use heavy fill competitions.

View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Heavy bags are generally more stable. With that said, it’s all fun and games until you have to hump 15 pounds of sand. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Love my shmedium support bag.  I’m headed out that way around the first to buy a rear bag for my precision guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top