Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2023 11:24:25 AM EDT
Just received my b14 ridge which is replacing my old reliable 700 adl.  Looking to reach out a bit farther while hunting.  Bought it for the barreled action and swapped it into my existing magpul hunter stock.  Topped with a vortex viper hst.  The trigger seems nice.  Definitely way better than the oem on the 700 adl.

I have the opportunity to pick up a timney trigger for $75.  Looks like it's the basic bitch with the straight trigger shoe.

The question I'm here to ask is... Is the timney actually an upgrade over the bergara oem trigger?  I have a few aftermarket triggers on various guns..  And the bergara sure seems closer to those than most oem triggers.  Enough so that I don't plan on dropping big dollars on the trigger tech or other higher end triggers..  But if the $75 will get me an upgrade... Well sure!

TIA.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't say what the b14 trigger feels like but definitely know about 700 ADLs. If it were me it would be worth the $75 to buy it. Even if it's not better than the Bergara which it probably is, you can put it in the 700. I've replaced all 3 of my 700s with the TT Independence Day triggers that go on sale @ 4th of July and have Timneys in a couple of Vanguards and a couple ARs. You can't go wrong with a Timneys and for $75 you would be stupid not to jump on it. Good luck
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I changed the trigger on my B14 HMR, but I swapped it for a B&A.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
i had a b14 ridge that had a nice trigger also , couldn't bring myself to change it out on a hunting rifle

the trigger on my r700 , yeah that got swapped out for a trigger tech
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#4]
B14 premier. I'm not changing anything.  It's the best rifle trigger I've ever used.  

Granted I'm not expert I can't see anything to improve
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top