Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny you mentioned me today, haven't checked ARF in a LONG time!

Yes...they're done, and they're awesome.  Have just a few left from our first production batch.  Trigger is 6oz standard.  Can go to about 3oz or up to 1.5lbs.  Obviously that's a pretty bold claim, I plan on making a nice video overview of the chassis soon.  Currently been super swamped keeping up with throw lever and mag extensions orders.  Our 3D printed (think industrial vs hobby grade) stuff has REALLY taken off.

Link Posted: 8/6/2017 6:26:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MDStroup] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tykempster:
Funny you mentioned me today, haven't checked ARF in a LONG time!

Yes...they're done, and they're awesome.  Have just a few left from our first production batch.  Trigger is 6oz standard.  Can go to about 3oz or up to 1.5lbs.  Obviously that's a pretty bold claim, I plan on making a nice video overview of the chassis soon.  Currently been super swamped keeping up with throw lever and mag extensions orders.  Our 3D printed (think industrial vs hobby grade) stuff has REALLY taken off.

http://i.imgur.com/gFXa0Z5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OSEzn1o.jpg
View Quote
That is fucking awesome! I may have to break down and sell some stuff and buy a remungton 700 just for this chassis( but i would love if you made this eventually for the howa 1500).

What are the specs for that rifle in the top picture?

I work with 3D printers almost everyday. So unlike most people i know them very well. I am surprised most people dont know they have been around since the 70's/80's.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

That is fucking awesome! I may have to break down and sell some stuff and buy a remungton 700 just for this chassis( but i would love if you made this eventually for the howa 1500).

What are the specs for that rifle in the top picture?

I work with 3D printers almost everyday. So unlike most people i know them very well. I am surprised most people dont know they have been around since the 70's/80's.
View Quote
That is a GAP Tempest action, 28" 6.5 SAUM barrel, and an Alamo Four Star brake.  It's very accurate and low recoil.  I'm not the biggest fan of the action, but the rig shoots well.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]
So I really suck at checking forums...but here's the (almost) latest design that I'll be introducing at SHOT 2019

Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:01:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Very cool.

Whats the point of the bar on the bottom of the stock?
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#6]
That design looks awesome, can't wait to see it come to life.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:57:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
Very cool.

View Quote
Bag rider...
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 3:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By chewbacca:
Very cool.

View Quote
Bag bar.  Has MLOK and 10-32 holes for attaching a serious bag rider or monopod if you so desire
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Can’t wait to see it.

Price point on the new version.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#11]
So I really suck at checking forums...but here's the (almost) latest design that I'll be introducing at SHOT 2019

https://i.imgur.com/eGpI1QR.jpg
View Quote
That is sexy as hell !

Link Posted: 9/9/2018 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I like it. Lets hope it becomes popular enough that in the future you can offer other action inlets as well.

Though i will say i do like the look of the tube version of the chassis slightly more. But that could just be the difference between actual chassis vs simulated model.

Cant wait to see it in person.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Still planning on $1999.99 price point, but hopefully this time it is profitable!  Lots of pieces, and a custom Timney and rail add cost over a standard chassis.  That being said, a lot cheaper than a DT and barring the barrel change feature I believe this is quite ergonomic and offers some other benefits.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Cycling the bolt will be a little tricky.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ventryjr:
Cycling the bolt will be a little tricky.
View Quote
Yeah wasn't that the huge drawback from the DT stuff....
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Cycling a bolt on a DT is no issue at all!  A bit different, but not slow in the least.

On ours, yes the bolt is quite far back.  It's not what I'd choose if you want quick followups.  For my type of shooting, long to extreme long range, and mid-long range hunting, I don't need a quick followup.  If I miss a deer at 600 yards (and hopefully I don't) there's either plenty of time for a followup that isn't rushed, or that thing is sprinting off.

That being said, we have a bolt extension that brings the handle forward, just a bit forward of where a DT bolt sits to be exact.  This makes it super easy to work the bolt and keep your head down, and if you're not fat you can work the bolt as is and keep your eye on the target.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#17]
in that case I will keep a look out on this one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Almost ready to slay some deer

Link Posted: 10/26/2018 5:02:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Woot!
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks great, i'll have to stop by at Shot and handle one.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Looks much better. Can’t wait to see it all assembled and in a video
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Man I'm stoked to show this off at SHOT.  Made a few small changes, printed the parts (strong printing is awesome BTW), first field test on a doe last weekend.  hoping to see some better bucks this weekend!  Rendering shows what I believe is the final form.  Will be making two more prototypes to make damn sure, then the next step should be a large production run.

Link Posted: 11/16/2018 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Man I'm stoked to show this off at SHOT.  Made a few small changes, printed the parts (strong printing is awesome BTW), first field test on a doe last weekend.  hoping to see some better bucks this weekend!  Rendering shows what I believe is the final form.  Will be making two more prototypes to make damn sure, then the next step should be a large production run.

https://i.imgur.com/swspLaa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OFTM8Gr.jpg
View Quote
Looks so good
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#24]
SHOT is coming soon, here's a lil 16" 308 for your pleasure:

Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#25]

https://i.imgur.com/JXS8bON.jpg
View Quote
Well shit! That looks amazing! Almost makes me want to get a Remington 700!

I these sell like hot cakes and in the future you can make one for the Howa 1500.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#26]

https://i.imgur.com/JXS8bON.jpg
View Quote
That’s what I am talking about. Put a little suppressor on it like (vox, brevis ii, omega direct thread, etc...) and you have one sweet and handy rig
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#27]
SHOT  updates?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:
SHOT  updates?
View Quote
Sargent P over on BPF has a video out interviewing them.  On phone and can’t post right now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TheShlouf:
SHOT  updates?
View Quote
He posted this picture over on Reddit. Sounds like he is taking initial orders on them, but I have not heard a price (might have missed it). He's pretty blunt that this isn't for PRS type stuff with quick follow up shoots. More for novelty bench shooting or hunting due to the rear positioning of the bolt. Cool idea, will be interesting to hear reviews once it's available.

Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Hi guys,

Sorry for missing this.  Cost is $1999.99, that comes with a custom Timney trigger.  Right now it's a Calvin Elite, I may be spilling the beans but they have a new model coming out that may be replaced, which means it might get an upgrade from this point, and it's already NICE.

To reiterate a previous point, this certainly isn't made specifically for PRS.  Not to say with the bolt extension (see the black and yellow gun) you can't use it for that, but it's not weighted for such.  it's pretty much for everything else...you get a fantastic trigger, your rifle is more balanced, and almost a foot shorter.

If anyone has specific questions, please call me, 573-220-9141.  We've taken plenty of preorders, will have them formally up on the site soon.  The reception was awesome, and getting folks to feel the trigger and run the bolt was exactly what I wanted.  Making an "ergonomic" bullpup was what I've been after for years, and that sounds crazy until you try it yourself.

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Just wanted to share that preorders are open, planning to ship first production batch this fall.  Initial batch is about half sold thusfar.  I'm very pleased with how this has turned out, and the trigger is absolutely the best bullpup trigger you've felt-guaranteed.  The input from this forum and others I've received over the past years has been much appreciated and I look forward to seeing where things are 5 years from now!

https://mkmachining.com/product/mk2-bullpup-chassis-preorder/
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks great!

First thing I thought of was the forward-swept bolt handle on the XP-100 pistols.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top