Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2022 11:04:57 AM EDT
What can the precision shooter guys tell me about sling cuffs? Worth it, helpful, silly, pros and cons...?

Like these:

https://savvysniper.com/gallery#6109d0ef-8cb9-491a-ae74-c06181d1a5f9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t88LU8dwgOk&ab_channel=VikingTactics
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:38:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: qbateaux] [#1]
Very useful, not at all silly.    ....how often you use it or whether it is worth it depends on what type of shooting you are doing.

A detachable cuff is very useful because you can leave the cuff alone on your arm for travelling around, and then clip the cuff to the sling for when in position...or you can use the sling without the cuff.   I altered my my own cuff to be able to connect to a sling, but I'm sure you can buy them like the viking one.

But they do take practice to get into a stable tight position.  

If you are not already familiar with better sling use, look up videos on highpower or national match shooting.  

Tried to find a good picture of mine, this is a shitty pic but i'm not home to take a better pic.

It is an old Vickers quick adjust sling modified with a cuff made with quick detach buckles and similar webbing.

in the pic the cuff is just on the ground.... attachment buckle to the sling is where the red tape is

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/17/2022 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#3]
When it comes to cinching up, I like the Vickers Tactical blue force sling.  One pull of the tab and it loosens up before you cut off the circulation to you arm.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:05:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: qbateaux] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Yup cuffs are very useful for using a sling for a precision shot. I have used them on Tactical Intervention Slings and also Rifle's Only slings. Don't use them as much as we used to in matches but still keep one in my pack just in case.

This pic is probably from around 2004 at a match at Rifle's Only.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19859/FA9B9294-2529406.jpg

View Quote

yeah... if the OP is only shooting PRS/snipery matches trying to sling up in whatever stage contraption there is  most often is awkward and  just gets in the way .... but there were a few stages where I was glad I had it available.

...and off topic I think I've met you years ago at Mifflin or Peacemaker.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 2:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Back on topic, yeah it can be tough to cuff up during a stage but where the arm cuff helps in that it's just a click in and done. The TIS is great for that. The RO Bungee is good for getting into and using from the get go. I really like it's feel. Here's a video of Jacob describing and showing the RO sling.

View Quote

The TIS is nice and very quick to cuff up.  Shameless plug for the one I currently have listed in the EE.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 1:32:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I actually was made aware of the existence of the cuff by savvy sniper. Since we're kinda on the subject, worth the money? No better than the Vickers? What say you?

Also, does anything change when going from a lighter bolt action to holding more pounds on an ar-10 or something?

Also, also, are these cuffs still useful in the prone position? Or is it more for, or exclusive to, a kneeling or standing position?
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I built myself a fancy little AR10 that needs some kind of sling or another... Saw this cuff thing, didn't know what to make of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top