Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2024 10:26:55 PM EDT
Anyone have hands on experience with the Hammereli Force rifles?  I find them intriguing. The few videos online about it don't tell me what I want to know; 50 yard targets.  Everyone is doing 100 yard targets, or 50 yard targets with junk ammo.  

If anyone has one, let me know how it is with CCI Standard and Lapua Center-X (or TRUE match ammo...if it costs less than $10 per box, I'm not interested.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 11:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
We've had a few threads here and they don't get much traction.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DrMark:
A bit of info here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/threads/hammerli-b1.1296657/
View Quote

That's great info; oddly, that thread didn't show up when I searched for "hammerli" in that forum.  From everything I am seeing, they aren't very good. Even with Lapua Center-X, they won't do under 1/2" groups @ 50yards.  My Bergara BMR shoots in the high 0.3's with Lapua Center-X @ 50, and well under 1" at 100.  

I really want to SBR a Summit action, but they need to make a takedown version of it first.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:

That's great info; oddly, that thread didn't show up when I searched for "hammerli" in that forum.  From everything I am seeing, they aren't very good. Even with Lapua Center-X, they won't do under 1/2" groups @ 50yards.  My Bergara BMR shoots in the high 0.3's with Lapua Center-X @ 50, and well under 1" at 100.  

I really want to SBR a Summit action, but they need to make a takedown version of it first.
View Quote

I wouldn’t mess with the Hammerli since it sounds like you have a good shooting bolt gun.

How many shots in your groups?

My IBI barreled B14r does .339 with Sk rifle match (5 shot groups) but my BMR steel barrel will not break into .4’s (5 shot groups) with SK, Eley Tennex or with any other ammo that I have on hand.  I haven’t tried Center X as I have never caught it in stock.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#5]
5 shot groups.  My BMR really is a shooter...it's only about 15%-20% less accurate than my B14R.

I like to shoot 6x5 targets, 6 groups with 5 shots each.

From my ammo testing to see what the rifle liked;
Lapua Center-X  averaged 0.36"
SK Std+ averaged 0.46"
RWS Target averaged 0.58"
CCI Clean averaged 0.75"
CCI Standard averaged 0.75"
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
5 shot groups.  My BMR really is a shooter...it's only about 15%-20% less accurate than my B14R.

I like to shoot 6x5 targets, 6 groups with 5 shots each.

From my ammo testing to see what the rifle liked;
Lapua Center-X  averaged 0.36"
SK Std+ averaged 0.46"
RWS Target averaged 0.58"
CCI Clean averaged 0.75"
CCI Standard averaged 0.75"
View Quote

Very nice!  I think you have convinced me that I need to pick up some Center X whenever it comes back in stock.  Those are great groups and really good shooting!
Shooting!
Link Posted: 9/24/2024 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm lucky geographically; I live about 20 minutes from the Lapua Rimfire Performance Center in Mesa AZ.  Get your rifle tested against all the Lapua Center X lots available, then you can buy a few thousand rounds of the same lot. I've got 4,760 rounds left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top