Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2022 9:20:09 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I have a Harris bipod on a R700 that I’m trying to lock into the fixed, not swivel position. I’ve been messing with the lock down lever, pulling it out turning it, pushing it back in. Repeat. The damn thing won’t seem to lock in the fixed position and I can’t find any instructional video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you need a Pod Loc

https://www.kmwlrs.com/pod-loc
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhoyda1:
Sounds like you need a Pod Loc

https://www.kmwlrs.com/pod-loc
View Quote

Anyone know where to find one of these in stock?
Link Posted: 11/29/2022 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Fiyero:

Anyone know where to find one of these in stock?
View Quote

Try triad tactical, they showed them in stock on Friday of last week....
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#5]
T-Nuts

Get them here, great price and the original Pod-Loc
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:51:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Geezah] [#7]
Originally Posted By Rob01:

That is not the original Pod Loc. That’s a knock off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Geezah:
T-Nuts

Get them here, great price and the original Pod-Loc

That is not the original Pod Loc. That’s a knock off.

Maybe a poor choice of words on my part, but I first purchased from T-Nuts in 2007, and I have seen these used in multiple applications, one being a rotating white board at work.
But I do not believe they copied the Pod-Loc, instead, those in the firearm community pulled something from the civilian world and were able to adapt it.
I have several of the Metal/Stainless on my Harris bipods, they are solid, Made in Germany, and the price makes it even better.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:03:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rob01] [#9]
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#10]
No they copied it. Those were adapted to be used on bipods after the Pod Loc by KMW had already been out for a while.
View Quote

Pretty bold to say they copied the design. Do you have any proof to back this up?

As mentioned above, I've seen these used in other applications,  just so happens they work great on the S Series Harris Bipods as well.

They're not ChiCom shite, they're Made In Germany and the quality is there, at a 3rd of the price.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Lol I’m not taking them to court but I have been around a long time and Terry Cross has been a close personal friend for a couple decades so he designs something and years later another company markets something that looks and acts the same it doesn’t take Judge Judy to figure it out.
View All Quotes

Pretty bold to say they copied the design. Do you have any proof to back this up?

As mentioned above, I've seen these used in other applications,  just so happens they work great on the S Series Harris Bipods as well.

They're not ChiCom shite, they're Made In Germany and the quality is there, at a 3rd of the price.

Lol I’m not taking them to court but I have been around a long time and Terry Cross has been a close personal friend for a couple decades so he designs something and years later another company markets something that looks and acts the same it doesn’t take Judge Judy to figure it out.

Just so I understand the above correctly, your friend Terry Cross, designed the "adjustable clamping lever"?

I would agree with you if he had taken the "adjustable clamping lever" and refined it, but not the other way round, and again suggesting otherwise is extremely bold.of you.

Maybe you should search McMaster-Carr for "adjustable clamping lever"...just a suggestion..
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Lol yeah not wasting my time. I lived through the timeline and know thee facts but you can believe what you like.
View All Quotes

Just so I understand the above correctly, your friend Terry Cross, designed the "adjustable clamping lever"?

I would agree with you if he had taken the "adjustable clamping lever" and refined it, but not the other way round, and again suggesting otherwise is extremely bold.of you.

Maybe you should search McMaster-Carr for "adjustable clamping lever"...just a suggestion..

Lol yeah not wasting my time. I lived through the timeline and know thee facts but you can believe what you like.

Probably best to replace "FACTS" with Opinion, as you have provided nothing more than a one liner in an attempt to prove your case.

Until proven otherwise, there is nothing to suggest that Terry Cross designed and built the original "adjustable clamping lever", instead, took something that already existed and refined it for a specific purpose.
I give him props for that, but as mentioned a number of times, T-Nuts offer a product at a 1/3 of the price, and I could care less that they market it to be used on bipods, taking advantage of the free market
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#15]
harris bipods suck

the best way to fix it is to throw it in the garbage

replace it with an atlas or a tbac or a ckye pod
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:14:29 AM EDT
[#17]

LOL No it's a fact but back at you that you have shown nothing but your opinion and saying that T-Nuts had them around 2007 and then shown that Terry designed them in 1999. Yeah T-Nuts made them first. And no it's not about who designed the "lever" as neither T-Nuts nor Terry did that but Terry made it for the Harris first and then others copied that so they are knock offs and copied his design. He was the first to see the need and made them making his the original. So get off your high horse and your little word play and just admit you were wrong. If you like you can contact KMW and have him explain it to you. https://www.kmwlrs.com/pod-loc
View All Quotes

Probably best to replace "FACTS" with Opinion, as you have provided nothing more than a one liner in an attempt to prove your case.

Until proven otherwise, there is nothing to suggest that Terry Cross designed and built the original "adjustable clamping lever", instead, took something that already existed and refined it for a specific purpose.
I give him props for that, but as mentioned a number of times, T-Nuts offer a product at a 1/3 of the price, and I could care less that they market it to be used on bipods, taking advantage of the free market

LOL No it's a fact but back at you that you have shown nothing but your opinion and saying that T-Nuts had them around 2007 and then shown that Terry designed them in 1999. Yeah T-Nuts made them first. And no it's not about who designed the "lever" as neither T-Nuts nor Terry did that but Terry made it for the Harris first and then others copied that so they are knock offs and copied his design. He was the first to see the need and made them making his the original. So get off your high horse and your little word play and just admit you were wrong. If you like you can contact KMW and have him explain it to you. https://www.kmwlrs.com/pod-loc

Not once did I state that T-Nuts designed the "adjustable clamping lever", only that the civilian market found something that would work for them, and Terry Cross refined it.
I was gracious enough to give him props for that, but the "adjustable clamping lever" is available in many configurations, yet as T-Nuts are marketing one of them for the Harris Bi-Pod, according to YOU, they stole Terry Cross's design.
I also keep all my emails and  that was how I was able to determine exactly when I purchased the first one from T-Nuts.

Now, all the time you have wasted on me and your responses, maybe it would serve you well to reach out to Terry Cross and ask him yourself, as you are doing nothing to promote his product, only coming across as pompous.
Again, the model sold by T-Nuts is a 1/3 of the price and is made in Germany.

As to being wrong, I'm not there yet, and I will admit when I am, but you have alot more to prove than me...
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Top Top