Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2024 2:07:42 PM EDT
Speak now or forever ridicule me later - any reason I shouldn’t buy one for $389 for a Remington 700 SA?
I’ve got no chassis experience on bolt guns
Target rifle in the desert - MAYBE blind/stand hunting off a tripod, MAYBE
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
In that price range I’d look at MDT Oryx also.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Speak now or forever ridicule me later - any reason I shouldn’t buy one for $389 for a Remington 700 SA?
I’ve got no chassis experience on bolt guns
Target rifle in the desert - MAYBE blind/stand hunting off a tripod, MAYBE
View Quote

@bradpeirson26

Stop spying on me! Ordered this exact one a couple days ago for a rem 700 SA 308.

Got the arca rail for it as well.

It’ll be on bipod and pro pod most of the time, and in the desert most of the time as well

KRG is good to go, this will be iin addition to the Whisky 3 I already own - which I love.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
IMO, KRG Bravo is something EVERYONE should own. There are better stocks, but not at that price point.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mnew007:

@bradpeirson26

Stop spying on me! Ordered this exact one a couple days ago for a rem 700 SA 308.

Got the arca rail for it as well.

It’ll be on bipod and pro pod most of the time, and in the desert most of the time as well

KRG is good to go, this will be iin addition to the Whisky 3 I already own - which I love.
View Quote

So it doesn’t come with any arca interface, you need to buy a separate bolt on piece?
@mnew007
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#5]

So it doesn’t come with any arca interface, you need to buy a separate bolt on piece?
@mnew007
View Quote

That is correct. It’s a $79 add on for full length, or quite a bit cheaper if you opt for a spigot or smaller length rail piece.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:21:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mnew007:

That is correct. It’s a $79 add on for full length, or quite a bit cheaper if you opt for a spigot or smaller length rail piece.
View Quote

Gotcha
I’m okay with piecing it together down the line
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Oryx and Bravo chassis and I would rebuy the Bravo over the Oryx any day. The bravo has more options that will add and change the way the chassis feels and preforms.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#8]
i like mine on me aero solus rem 700 clone.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:19:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sinister] [#9]
I tried a KRG Whiskey in a gun store and immediately decided I like my Bravo better.  The top-bridge thumbhole-type pistol grip arrangement seemed much slower for bolt throw than the Bravo's open top.

Caution for those not expecting it -- the Bravo is considerably lighter than most other stocks and chassis.  Some shooters will buy the optional buttstock and pistol grip weights to balance heavier barrels and/or a longer suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Sinister:
Caution for those not expecting it -- the Bravo is considerably lighter than most other stocks and chassis.  Some shooters will buy the optional buttstock and pistol grip weights to balance heavier barrels and/or a longer suppressor.
View Quote

Great feedback
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy it. I use my Bravo on a multi-cal Origin for everything from hunting through miles of public land to PRS. It's light on it's own, easily modded for whatever you're using it for, and it has great ergos.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Watch_this71] [#12]
I just sold my Bergara with Bravo chassis to finish paying for my M24. My advice, BUY IT NOW!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I installed one on my CZ 457 last year. For the price it is fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I went with the correct color but really like it.
Wood buy again.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#15]
The adjustable cheek piece for their more expensive chassis can be used with it if L/R adjustment is needed. It is black, and little smaller so there is a gap if you care about looks. That was a great mod for me. I love mine.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:35:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I think it is one of the best beginning chassis that have ever existed. WAY better than the MDT.

It just feels great, both for target shooting, and even hunting. You can upgrade the heck out of it if you want to. Mine has the spigot mount, which lets me put a light on it for shooting when dark. I'm going to add the ARCA rail underneath, but right now I have a pic section for shooting off a tripod. You really have to spend double the money to start getting more value. It is what Magpul should have released instead of the hunter or the pro.

Any other company would be selling it for $500-$600 at this point, and the fact that it is priced where it is keeps a lid on the intro chassis market. 10/10.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Bravo is a great chassis. Love mine
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
Bravo is a great chassis. Love mine
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I just ordered one of these for my Tikka CTR. I figured for around $330 shipped (thank you Brownells overlords), why not? Looks to have much better ergonomics than the factory stock.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Just bought one in the green for my Tikka T1X. Love it, works great.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:
I just ordered one of these for my Tikka CTR. I figured for around $330 shipped (thank you Brownells overlords), why not? Looks to have much better ergonomics than the factory stock.
View Quote

Was it a coupon code or general sale?
@goosemaster
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Was it a coupon code or general sale?
View Quote

@bradpierson26

It was a coupon code for 15% off that popped up when I put it the cart, along with my C&R discount.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Another thumbs up for the Bravo. Great folks to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 4:23:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#24]
I have an old 700 ADL  synthetic in .223, I am tempted to buy a sako green one.   How stupid would it look with a standard weight barrel instead of a heavy barrel?  I already removed the irons and put plug screws in.

Anyone have pics of such a monstrosity!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Been looking at these for a few months. This thread convinced me I needed two. One for a CTR and one for a Super Varmint. Ended up getting the CTR version to use factory mags but for the Super Varmint can anyone recommend mags? 6.5 PRC.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Who currently has the best deals on a FDE Gen 2 Bravo chassis for the m700 SA?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I just ordered a FDE Bravo M700 SA stock from Brownell's and got 10% off and free shipping with the coupon code below.  Hope it helps anyone else looking to get one.

GLOCKTOPUS
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:
I just ordered a FDE Bravo M700 SA stock from Brownell's and got 10% off and free shipping with the coupon code below.  Hope it helps anyone else looking to get one.

GLOCKTOPUS
View Quote

No sako green
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I got my Bravo stock/chassis today. I got a Gen 2 version.

Still no Sako green at Brownell’s…
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top