Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2017 7:16:35 PM EDT
It took nearly three and a half months to come in from Canada but my dream .338 finally arrived yesterday.  I actually traded a Tac Ops Tango 51 to a friend in Canada and then we had to wait for the process to do its thing.

The rifle is everything I've read it would be and what I hoped it would be.  It came in a fitted Pelican case with 4 box magazines, cleaning rod, cleaning kit, .338LM dies and the bipod.  I mounted the scope today.

The scope is a S&B 5-25x56 P4F in a Recknagel/Era Tac 20moa mount.  The action is incredibly smooth, the trigger is very crisp at 3.5lbs and the fit and finish is the best I have ever seen in a factory rifle.

I bought one needed accessory and one fun one made by two great guys on snipershide.  The ammo binder holds 20 rds and in built like a tank.  Nice way to carry a $100 worth of ammo around.  The other one is a trailer hitch cover that is just flat out cool.  However, I made one somewhat significant mistake.  While my old truck had a trailer hitch, I appearantly forgot to order the trailer towing package on my new one.  Oh well, still a good day.

Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Man, OP, whatta' piece of shit you've got there!!

I like the triggers in those PGW rifles.  Shot a 6.5CM PGW once.

Nice score.

What did you have to do to get the rifle to Canada and vice versa?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 11:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: conndcj] [#2]
Used a company called Borderview.  They have a sister store four miles over the US border in Canada.  I shipped my Tango-51 to our store and he sent his Timberwolf to the Canadian one. Then they ship to each other and the paperwork begins.  They are required to engrave the rifle as the importer and they did it on the bottom of the barrel very nicely.

Took around three months and cost $670 all in. The ship to your FFL and you just go pick it up.  They were fantastic to deal with. Very professional.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top