Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2023 11:25:54 PM EDT
Been looking around for a specific rifle bag for my 52 1/2" custom 700.

I cover alot of ground on foot, so I'm also trying to find one with shoulder straps so I can carry it backpack like.

I see Triad makes one close, but it's only for 52". With my rifle being 52 1/2" I really don't want to have to angle it or push the zippers/fabric to the limit everytime I put it in the bag.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 12:06:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm very satisfied with my recent Savior brand rifle bag. They do make them long enough for yours.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 1:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want to go with the "buy once cry once" Tactical Operations drag bags have everything you might need.  Shoulder straps, prone shooting mat, enough pockets for magazines, data book, supressor etc.

My rifle has a 26" barrel, so I use the large size.  A bonus is if you use a pelican 1750 case for flying the large just fits in the case when you remove the foam and provides just as much padding.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been very happy with my DRAGO cases. Have three different rifle cases, a pistol case, a tactical FDE briefcase style and a tool bag. Well made.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:24:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSnowRider] [#4]
This is the best bag I've seen by a long shot..AIM Field sports.....it truly puts everybody else's stuff to shame, not just for protection but also on how well built it is, including high quality  metal hardware even on the backpack straps, zippers and even materials..They make a variety of designs, they make them for lengths from 40" to 60" rifles..They even make bags for folding stock rifles.. they are rain resistant, but they also sell a raincoat that slips over it, to make sure it stays dry..  The pack also has a pocket for 1 piece cleaning rods to protect them from getting bent...I bought my bag for a R-700 long action with a 28" barrel for 52" and a 1/2" length, this is the 55 bag.. the rifle pictured is a defiance action with a 30" barrel it fits at 54" long, but only if I leave the rifle butt out of the pocket for it...which has been no biggie, the straps hold it from moving at all..This bag has been in use since early 2018...it has zero damage to it, no loose threads, no pulled tie points, not even a stain....

These bags are made in England, took about a week to get it after ordering it..
The company is well known for their quality....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This rifle is longer than I bought the bag for, so it fits as long as I don't put the butt into the rifle pocket they built into the bag..the straps hold it so zero issues...

Attachment Attached File

This is the padded backpack straps, and the pocket they hide in..

Attachment Attached File

https://www.aim-fieldsports.com

Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:39:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: campower] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Eberlestock makes a 57" version. I have the 52" version and it's excellent. How long of a barrel do you have on the rifle?

https://eberlestock.com/collections/shooting/products/sniper-sled-drag-bag-57
View Quote

26" barrel and a 7" Suppressor. Wishing I would have invested in a folding stock years ago, but the action is bedded in my B&C M40 stock I don't want to change a thing, rifle is a tac driver².

I'm taking alot of long shots at very small varmint, so consistant I'm anal retention about POI and loathe removing the suppressor.

You guy are absolutely awesome! Literally can't decide between 2-3 of the options you listed.

Walking comfort is a big deal to me since I'm sometimes on foot for a few hours, and lugging just the rifle by the sling is hell on my neck and shoulders.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:55:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RuggedProof] [#7]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:
This is the best bag I've seen by a long shot..AIM Field sports.....it truly puts everybody else's stuff to shame, not just for protection but also on how well built it is, including high quality  metal hardware even on the backpack straps, zippers and even materials..They make a variety of designs, they make them for lengths from 40" to 60" rifles..They even make bags for folding stock rifles.. they are rain resistant, but they also sell a raincoat that slips over it, to make sure it stays dry..  The pack also has a pocket for 1 piece cleaning rods to protect them from getting bent...I bought my bag for a R-700 long action with a 28" barrel for 52" and a 1/2" length, this is the 55 bag.. the rifle pictured is a defiance action with a 30" barrel it fits at 54" long, but only if I leave the rifle butt out of the pocket for it...which has been no biggie, the straps hold it from moving at all..This bag has been in use since early 2018...it has zero damage to it, no loose threads, no pulled tie points, not even a stain....

These bags are made in England, took about a week to get it after ordering it..
The company is well known for their quality....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/image1_jpeg-2705916.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/image2_jpeg-2705918.JPG

This rifle is longer than I bought the bag for, so it fits as long as I don't put the butt into the rifle pocket they built into the bag..the straps hold it so zero issues...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/IMG_7988_jpeg-2705922.JPG

This is the padded backpack straps, and the pocket they hide in..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/404934/IMG_1768__1__jpeg-2705939.JPG

https://www.aim-fieldsports.com

View Quote

Pretty sure they’re made in China. A TacOps bag will be close. Eberlestock probably a better fit.

Edit: email from England.

Thank you for your email!

All our gear is designed by us, made in China. No promo codes at the moment but we will be running a pre-order sale on some AIM 50's later this month, then Black Friday sales next month.

If the shipping is an issue, we have our US distributors Mile High Shooting who may still have some AIM 50's available.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 4:16:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RuggedProof:

Pretty sure they’re made in China. A TacOps bag will be close. Eberlestock probably a better fit.

Edit: email from England.

Thank you for your email!

All our gear is designed by us, made in China. No promo codes at the moment but we will be running a pre-order sale on some AIM 50's later this month, then Black Friday sales next month.

If the shipping is an issue, we have our US distributors Mile High Shooting who may still have some AIM 50's available.
View Quote

Well, that sucks, I will stand by the quality statement, my buddy had one of the old eagle bags(supposed to be the best back then) and he got the Eberlestock for last hunting season, he likes it for sure, and it is nice, but mine still looks better built..Regardless,  if you don't want Chinese, I can totally understand..I've bought mine, so it will get used..but I will warn people down the road where it was made..Thanks for sharing that info...
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

Well, that sucks, I will stand by the quality statement, my buddy had one of the old eagle bags(supposed to be the best back then) and he got the Eberlestock for last hunting season, he likes it for sure, and it is nice, but mine still looks better built..Regardless,  if you don't want Chinese, I can totally understand..I've bought mine, so it will get used..but I will warn people down the road where it was made..Thanks for sharing that info...
View Quote

You posted in another thread about this bag and I was 100% ready to buy it (in my cart and on the checkout screen). Before I did, I emailed them and that was the response. It’s a great looking bag and will take abuse. I couldn’t get passed the china thing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 6:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cruze5] [#11]
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Eberlestock makes a 57" version. I have the 52" version and it's excellent. How long of a barrel do you have on the rifle?

https://eberlestock.com/collections/shooting/products/sniper-sled-drag-bag-57
View Quote

I've been using this one for years and it's been awesome.

The shoulder straps are comfortable over longer walks/hikes.  They are not an afterthought, they were designed for regular use.

My rifle is a heavy pig and as such it's hard on a carrying case.  The buckle straps do an excellent job keeping it secured so that's helped quite a bit.  I've got no threads popping loose, zippers all work great.

The outer pockets carry just about everything I'd out in a conventional range bag.  Suppressor, ammo, tools, batteries, solvents/oil, mags,etc.  This far I've had no complaints on them either...again, they're not an afterthought, but well designed/built.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RuggedProof:

You posted in another thread about this bag and I was 100% ready to buy it (in my cart and on the checkout screen). Before I did, I emailed them and that was the response. It’s a great looking bag and will take abuse. I couldn’t get passed the china thing.
View Quote

Yeah, I likely would have gone a different route to had I thought to ask them at the time...
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Top Top