Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2023 8:25:52 AM EDT
Just picked up 2 more Savage rimfires
93R17GVXP
Mark II BTV 22lr
Just getting them broken in out of the box at 50yrds they shoot a single ragid hole with cci mini mag and hornaday 20grn & 17grn
Going to stretch them out to 100 yards as soon as the weather breakes
Just can’t beat a Savage for the accuracy and the price
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I've read that Remington Thunderbolt's are the best ammo to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#2]
The best five shot 100 yd group I ever shot was from a 9317.
I've been wanting an fvsr.
I guess I should go ahead and do that.
Big fan of savage rifles.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 4:39:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MontstrSp] [#3]
Glad yours are shooting well. I read everyone raving about the FVSR, so I picked one up expecting great results. No matter what I fed it, how I held it or what I did, it wouldn't do better than 1" at 25 yards. Sent it to Savage thinking something was wrong, they sent it back to me and said it met specs. Two differnt scopes, everything from Federal bulk pack to Lapua, nothing shot well in it. Happily sent that turd of a rifle with it's tin can magazines and mag release down the road.

My 100% stock old standard 10/22 easily outshot it with anything, wearing a 4x32 Nikon rimfire. Currently have a Tikka T1X, a Vudoo 360 repeater, and a few other .22 rifles that all shoot well.

I will be buying another Savage, a Rascal threaded for the kids, it's the best kids' rimfire action available as far as I know. Far better than the Chipmunk style pull to cockbactions. As long at it's minute-of-soda-can at 20 yards, I'll be happy.

ETA: here's a "single ragged hole" from my T1X at 50 yds; that's a 1" target dot.Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
The old Marlin rimfire rifles were the best shooting 22's ever! Every one I ever had easily shot 1 hole 1 shot groups at 250 yards all day.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:57:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:
The old Marlin rimfire rifles were the best shooting 22's ever! Every one I ever had easily shot 1 hole 1 shot groups at 250 yards all day.
View Quote

You meant 25 yards, right?
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:17:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:
View Quote
Are you this guy?  Coke can at 710 yards with a iron sight .22
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#7]
My savage mkII was the first rifle I purchased when I turned 18. Still have it. Killed a lot of small game with it.

I loved showing up to KYL matches and getting reactions. Dudes shooting custom volquartsen or such rifles, only to shoot straight 8's with my factory $300 rifle.

For the money, it's the best value .22 bolt action on the market today.

Just wish I could find the 5 round flush fit mags
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jrinfoley:
Are you this guy?  Coke can at 710 yards with a iron sight .22
View Quote

You guys gotta read more carefully haha

My kids BB gun will also shoot 1 hole, 1 shot groups
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MontstrSp:
Glad yours are shooting well. I read everyone raving about the FVSR, so I picked one up expecting great results. No matter what I fed it, how I held it or what I did, it wouldn't do better than 1" at 25 yards. Sent it to Savage thinking something was wrong, they sent it back to me and said it met specs. Two differnt scopes, everything from Federal bulk pack to Lapua, nothing shot well in it. Happily sent that turd of a rifle with it's tin can magazines and mag release down the road.

My 100% stock old standard 10/22 easily outshot it with anything, wearing a 4x32 Nikon rimfire. Currently have a Tikka T1X, a Vudoo 360 repeater, and a few other .22 rifles that all shoot well.

I will be buying another Savage, a Rascal threaded for the kids, it's the best kids' rimfire action available as far as I know. Far better than the Chipmunk style pull to cockbactions. As long at it's minute-of-soda-can at 20 yards, I'll be happy.

ETA: here's a "single ragged hole" from my T1X at 50 yds; that's a 1" target dot.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/395198/DD91A09E-0FD3-4598-A205-DAE7BA8AF6D0_jpe-2731173.JPG
View Quote

What barrel length on that Tikka?
I am left handed and am looking for a left hand version of that rifle.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#10]
100yrd 5-round group. 93r17
.381moa

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#11]
My savage b17 fvsr holds my personal best for 100 yard group and 3/4 of an inch. And my mkii fvsr shoots cci sv lights out as well.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll probably stick with my Tikkas OP, but the Savages are solid choices for sure.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I started my nrl22 shooting with a savage mark II fvsr land no one will ever mistake it for a high class rifle. However, it does shoot much better than it should considering the $250 or so price. My club runs benchrest matches on 1/5 scale targets and I have shot a perfect score running off a cheap Caldwell bipod $300 athlon scope, and mid price ammo ( eley club)
I have since moved to a fancier rifle for nrl22 but always keep the savage on hand for a backup.
I had one of our new shooters try the savage- I simply handed him the rifle and dialed my 300 yard dope on the scope, and in a 10 round magazine hit the 12” steel target 8/10 at 300 never having shot the rifle before- pretty impressive for a rifle in that price class.
At the time I bought it, I wasn’t sure I was going to jump into nrl22 with both feet like I did so wasn’t going to spend big bucks on a starter rig.
My entire investment ( rifle bipod scope and mounts magazines the whole works) was sub $700
Top Top