Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2024 4:06:44 PM EDT
Anyone use the swagger for the dillon 550b. Looking for opinions if you have used. Its cheaper than swagger 600 you mount on a table but does one do the job better. Tyvm for the info
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 4:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shootsenmeister] [#1]
Swage It for Dillon 550

I have a super swage 600… if I could get a do over I’d get one of these for a Dillon 650 instead.

Swage It S550 Installation and Operation Instructions

At $129.99 for large and small primers it might not be less expensive than a super swage 600 (I don’t really know what today’s prices are) however this should be a lot faster.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shootsenmeister:
Swage It for Dillon 550

I have a super swage 600… if I could get a do over I’d get one of these for a Dillon 650 instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueigAJHrP2o

At $129.99 for large and small primers it might not be less expensive than a super swage 600 (I don’t really know what today’s prices are) however this should be a lot faster.
View Quote

This is my thoughts on it but looking to see if anyone has had hand on experience. I am not doing mass ammounts of brass just collecting my friends from a weekend of shooting. One at a time on my prep machine is getting old
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one that I used only a few times. It's been a while but I don't remember it having any issues working correctly.
Dillon does not recommend it as they claim it puts to much stress on the press.
If I can find all the parts I'd probably sell it. I added to a 1050 press.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Consider a Lee APP. It looks like it would run about $150 with the staging kit, but it's useful for so much more.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have most of the swaging and reaming options and doing it on the press seems to be the worst of the options.  I personally like the dillon bench mounted super swage the best.  

I have an earlier verion of this type of setup:
https://www.facebook.com/speedswage/videos/here-it-is-guys-the-final-version-of-the-speed-swage-unit-for-the-dillon-super-s/1657148254524424/

Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Considering it may put to much stress on the press then i may go the 600 route. This has all been great info
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:32:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Minshooter] [#8]
I've broken two trunions on my 550.  Both replaced immediately (and for free) by Dillon.
And this was just in normal sizing of well lubed .308 military brass.
Others have reported braking the link arms, but mine have held up just fine.

Have not used this press mounted Swage It, so just my opinion based on the above -that I wouldn't want to put that much strain on the 550.

My other big concern is that the swaging process is supported only by the rim of the case.  Have seen plenty of variations in brass strength in that area.

I have run many (many!) thousands of rounds through the Dillon 600 Primer Pocket Swager (which supports the case head internally on a rod), without a single problem.
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I have found a super swagger on here and went that direction instead. My 550 is new and my baby. I dont want to break it after ready everyones comments. Tyvm everyone for the info.
Top Top