Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2023 11:39:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m1garand__man]
I have owned a Tikka T3x Lite for almost a year now. In that time I have tried my butt off to find a load that will consistently shoot sub MOA out of it (I gave up on hoping for sub .75 MOA).

I know there are a lot of potential factors.

I have tried the following bullets seated from .010"-.050" off lands which aren't close to fitting in the magazine. I have tried full magazine length (3.350") which can be as much as .135" off the lands. I have also tried full SAAMI length 3.290".
140gr Nosler tipped solid base
150gr Hornady ELD-X
150gr Barnes TTSX
150gr Federal trophy copper
162gr Hornady ELD-X
162gr Hornady ELD Match
175gr Hornady ELD Match
175gr Nosler LR Accubond

I have tried the following powders
H4350
H4831 SC
IMR7828
IMR7828 SSC
Accurate Mag Pro
Ramshot Magnum
Vhita Vhouri N170

I have tried the following large rifle / large rifle magnum primers
CCI
Remington
S&B

I have tried the following brass which I have tried FL sized, neck sized and partial FL size (bumping shoulder)
Remington
Winchester
Federal
Hornady

Through all of these combinations I have yet to discover a load which will produce clearly discernable velocity plateaus as per Slattery ladder testing procedures.

I have probably put somewhere north of 300 rounds through the rifle in the last year.

I'm thinking the issue is with the rifle but I can't find it. I also can't figure out why I can't find velocity nodes.

Unfortunately I'm unable to buy yet another rifle right now so I can have something else to compare in 7mm Rem Mag. I'm also pretty discouraged at this point because it's the second rifle I've owned that I can't get to shoot the way I feel it should be able to
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
.75 to 1 moa is only a 1 1/2” larger group on the elk at 600 yards. 1 moa accuracy in rifle/load combination is insignificant compared to shooter skill and environmental factors for all but bench rest or F-class games.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top