Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2020 10:16:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pepe-lepew]
My kid just upgraded to a Bison Armory left hand service rifle upper to start using optics. She was using a right hand A2 with ambi mag release. Is there anything she should be aware of switching?

I shoot right handed, left is foreign to me. The only thing I see is being careful not to drop the mag trying to close the bolt during rapids.

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m not a lefty either, but one issue I am aware of from my lefty friends, is that she will have to learn to manage the windage turret with some body English to avoid screwing up her position.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 4:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot lefty and use a right eject upper and never had any problems. I prefer the Norgen style mag release and a Colt or Stag safety single side safety that can be swapped the other side

I slow fire prone its nice to able to see in the upper.

She is a lefty so she will adapt like she has been her whole life
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
She finally shot it at a mid range match. The range doesn’t allow muzzle above horizontal when loading. It was her first time using a left upper, optics and loading with it in her shoulder. The left hand port made it easy loading with it shouldered.

Her 20 round scores started 78% and 80% and half way through jumped to 90% and 91%, a personal best. She said she figured out her sling was slipping causing her to string vertically.

Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome. She will start to climb as she learns to call her shots and debug herself.

Congrats!
Top Top