Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2023 10:18:40 PM EDT
https://www.dryfiremag.com/

Anyone bought / used these? Thoughts?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.

But I think that there was someway to actuate the slide with CO2 to more closely mimic recoil and target acquisition, it would be mo betta

Link Posted: 7/20/2023 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar154all:
Interesting.

But I think that there was someway to actuate the slide with CO2 to more closely mimic recoil and target acquisition, it would be mo betta

View Quote

So i should get one of the replica co2 pistols instead?
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By turbomunkey:

So i should get one of the replica co2 pistols instead?
View Quote

I don't know how much 'kick' they have, and not quite sure if shooting CO2 empty is good for the toy.

My kid has a Glock authorized G19 BB gun, but it's being held together with duct tape...

Exercises for your finger is one thing.
Increasing accuracy on follow up shots is another.

I still think it's interesting tho...
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had one for several years and think they are great for what they do.  Gives you realistic trigger feedback, realistic recoil, and trigger reset.  Shows weakness in grip and also is good for making sure you have the sight picture before the trigger press.  Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#5]
no make for CZ
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 1:27:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one.

It's meh with irons, but awesome with a RDS. Sorta feels like a laser gun in that configuration, and the RDS really shows your sight movement if you're doing it wrong.

Fun to setup a little indoor IDPA with mini targets using the RDS+Dryfire mag.

Link Posted: 7/22/2023 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
I've had one for several years and think they are great for what they do.  Gives you realistic trigger feedback, realistic recoil, and trigger reset.  Shows weakness in grip and also is good for making sure you have the sight picture before the trigger press.  Highly recommended.
View Quote

Which one do you own specifically?
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By turbomunkey:

Which one do you own specifically?
View Quote

M&P Pro, 9mm.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Worth the $90? I'm thinking about getting myself one from Santa. I'm not a competition shooter but does it help with drawing from concealment drills?
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:36:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FivespeedF150] [#10]
MantisX is compatible with DryFireMag. Combining the two has been pretty solid for getting 15 min of practice in the home office whenever I feel like it.

ETA I have both G17/19 and P320 mags. They aren’t 100% true to the actual trigger feel, but plenty good enough.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:
View Quote

Are you talking about the dryfire mag?  All mine does is reset the trigger, no recoil simulation.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Wespe:

Are you talking about the dryfire mag?  All mine does is reset the trigger, no recoil simulation.
View Quote

It jerks hard enough on reset that it makes you improve your grip in order to stay on target.  If I remember correctly, there were several springs or a way to change the reset/recoil strength.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top