Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2017 9:04:57 AM EDT
I shot a local USPSA match on Saturday and came away with the overall win.

3rd person:
MPSA USPSA 2/18/2017 Match Win |Open Division | 3rd Person

POV:
MPSA USPSA 2/18/2017 Match Win |Open Division | POV

It may be hard to tell from the videos, but it was a sloppy, muddy mess at the range.  Slipping and falling was a constant threat, so some of my movement isn't as aggressive as it otherwise would be.

Stage 1 - I shot this stage over 3 seconds faster than anyone else, even after forgetting a position and having to go back to it.  My hits were pretty good as well, so I got the stage win by over 12%.

Stage 2 - The first shot took me by surprise.  It wasn't technically an AD, since I was pointing at the target and getting ready to fire the shot, but I was still trying to get the dot on target when I pressed the trigger.  I had the gun pointed way too high at the start of the WHO string, so I didn't see the dot until the second target.  I haven't practiced WHO in about a month, so I definitely need to work that back into my dryfire regimen.

Stage 3 - First stage of the day.  I was too sloppy with my hits, especially those last 3 targets on the ground at the end.  I also had trouble reloading to a big stick, which I rarely practice.  I need to add that into my dry fire as well.

Stage 4 - I had the second fastest time (behind a guy shooting PCC), but my hits weren't great. A lot of C's from shooting on the move, and a couple of D's on those targets on the ground at the end.  I need to make sure I'm more deliberate on those really close arrays, instead of just blasting as I sweep across them.

Stage 5 - Really slippery mud on this bay.  I almost fell when my plant foot started to slip when I was trying to shoot the 3rd target (can be seen in the 3rd person video).  The longer shots forced me to be more precise, which led to good hits.  My left foot kept sliding off of the PVC shooting box, which lead to a difficult lean to hit the steel.

CM 99-11 - My first time shooting El Prez in a match.  Not my fastest run, but I made sure I saw the dot in the center of the target for every shot.  The reload wasn't blazing, but it was smooth.  Should be about a 75%, which is probably a good representation of where I am.  

I still need to work on my target transition speed and staying low, but I'm pretty pleased with how the match went, as a whole.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice shooting!

Some of those ports look pretty high.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d_striker:
Nice shooting!

Some of those ports look pretty high.  
View Quote

Yeah, I'm not the tallest person, but I had to stretch to reach some of them.  And leaning over those barrels to shoot was a pain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top