Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2020 11:56:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jiva]
Hey there,

Anyone competed in HP matches lately? If so, how's it going, How's the turn out? How's your process holding out? How's your performance looking these days?
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:41:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HighpowerRifleBrony] [#1]
We officially skipped April and May, but had substitute practices.

I recall June usually having a low turnout of 5-7, but we had 13, though one dropped out to even out the relays and direct. This Chinese Virus crap wouldn't be so bad if officials didn't have to cover their ass. The relay plan was simple, but had to be formed on the spot, so was confusing for a while.

Between using different guns for occasion months and coaching in other months, and groundskeeping, my musketry time is intermittent, which is worse than taking a long break. Taking up CS:GO probably won't help either.

Before Independence Day, I gotta diagnose a Garand trigger that seemed to reset weirdly on the 6th. If we have more than 12 shooters again, we're going to the P100 course.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:07:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: johnfz6] [#2]
Originally Posted By Jiva:
Hey there,

Anyone competed in HP matches lately? If so, how's it going, How's the turn out? How's your process holding out? How's your performance looking these days?
View Quote

They closed our club down in late March, so they cancelled about five of our scheduled matches.  

Towards the end of April we said F*** it and kind of pressured the Board of Directors to let us open up and start conducting matches again.  The first few were limited to 10 shooters only, and adhering to the whole "social distancing" thing.

We've been able to get in about 6 or 7 matches since we've reopened.

We are almost back to normal now, but a couple of the clubs in our league still are not allowing matches to be held, so we have had to change venues a couple of times to get a match in.

Turnout was a little low at first, but it seems to be picking back up.

Looking at the scores it doesn't seem that the shutdown hurt anybody too much - we've had some pretty good shooting lately, some already posting personal bests.  My scores haven't really improved, though
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
1st leather  @ Oak Ridge 1st of month
488 at Malabar last weekend

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
June matches were first ones available to shoot around here. Attendance very low so far, shooting Missoula this weekend and only 5 showed for what is normally a well attended match.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about anyone else but I sure don't like shooting while wearing a mask. Our governor says gotta have a mask on and the range complies. Was a real hoot trying to get a decent cheek weld and "drag skin". Glasses fog much? RIP

Still was great to get out and see some of the hp dudes and get a glimpse of "normal".
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Wear a half-mask and paint the other half on the stock.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Scores are up about 5 points over this time last year.

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow! Outstanding score.

Well done!
Top Top