Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/12/2012 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Know what the scoring discs mean before you go to your first event....

After my first shot the disc was on the right side of the target so I though It was a spotting mark and meant I was shooting to the right, so next shot I adjust left and the disc is at the bottom... I continued chasing that effin disc around the target until I was scoring the next guy and had to have someone explain it to me as I'm trying to record scores.

My suggestion: first timers work the pits before shooting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Finally thinking about doing this and see the thread and posts go back 8 YEARS.  

Is the right place for a noob to get current information?
Link Posted: 4/3/2012 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BusMaster007:
Is the right place for a noob to get current information?

This thread?

Maybe not.

This forum?

Yes

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:01:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#4]
Spammer

Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:45:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut] [#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rimousk:

View Quote

This account needs to go....spammer!

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When I first shot the CMP course years ago I was confident with my safety skills on a range, but lacking experience in a bonified match, I was a bit timid. I take the time to review my FAQ with our range officer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#7]
When I first shot the CMP course years ago I was confident with my safety skills on a range, but lacking experience in a bonified match, I was a bit timid. I took the time to review my FAQ with our range officer.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By parkms:

When I first shot the CMP course years ago I was confident with my safety skills on a range, but lacking experience in a bonified match, I was a bit timid. I took the time to review my FAQ with our range officer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2018 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking forward to getting out and trying this stuff for the first time, once I get home from this deployment.

I've got a rifle, ammo, eye/earpro, a glove liner/shell, and plenty of old uniforms to dirty up wallowing in the mud.

Gonna try to get some guys from my unit out there with me once I get my feet wet.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By doubleclaw:
Looking forward to getting out and trying this stuff for the first time, once I get home from this deployment.

I've got a rifle, ammo, eye/earpro, a glove liner/shell, and plenty of old uniforms to dirty up wallowing in the mud.

Gonna try to get some guys from my unit out there with me once I get my feet wet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:24:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLS81] [#11]
Originally Posted By doubleclaw:

View Quote
@doubleclaw, Good on you for getting out to shoot Service Rifle Matches.

I chat to every vet I bump into to come on out to the range and shoot local CMP matches.

Club will offer up ammo and M1 Garand if needed.

Carry on!!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top