Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2022 4:21:36 PM EDT
could i go 60-90 seconds full on??? I don't know... but my answer is probably not.  I studied Tracy's Kenpo, an American Kenpo based off the Ed Parker system.  I am now in my late 50's and all sorts of bodily damage and stuff.  I still practice daily movements but realize in a real situation I may be extremely limited if I don't or cannot end it quickly.  my new favorite saying is , I was born with a six pack of whoop ass, I now have only a couple cans left...

what are ya'll doing at an older age with muscle deterioration and nerve damage to keep yourself at least in the game for longer than a minute or two...

and yes I'm a realist... I know what I am capable of, and what my limit may be...  thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Cardio is key, so is some form of strength training.  Pick up a kettlebell or two and watch a bunch of videos on how to use them.  

You can get both done in a short period of time with them. Think HIIT.

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:47:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: R_S] [#2]
Circuit training may be what you are looking for.  

Or you could do a couple rounds of hitting a heavy bag, then rest, and repeat until exhaustion.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By gunwolf:
could i go 60-90 seconds full on??? I don't know... but my answer is probably not.  I studied Tracy's Kenpo, an American Kenpo based off the Ed Parker system.  I am now in my late 50's and all sorts of bodily damage and stuff.  I still practice daily movements but realize in a real situation I may be extremely limited if I don't or cannot end it quickly.  my new favorite saying is , I was born with a six pack of whoop ass, I now have only a couple cans left...

what are ya'll doing at an older age with muscle deterioration and nerve damage to keep yourself at least in the game for longer than a minute or two...

and yes I'm a realist... I know what I am capable of, and what my limit may be...  thanks
View Quote

Sorry to dig this back up again, but I'm looking into American Kenpo.   Do you still train?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top