Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/28/2024 2:29:42 AM EDT
What is this hole for on the back of this Arsenal SAM7 SF?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess is so you can more easily access or manipulate the pin retaining the folding stock spring.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#2]
isn't the pin on the other side though?

I have no idea OP.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
isn't the pin on the other side though?

I have no idea OP.
View Quote

Yes normally, I was wondering if they had a pass through on those, I’ve only ever messed with the stamped folders. Just a guess.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:05:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4A1] [#4]
Does the spring retaining pin actually go into the hole?
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#5]
No. The spring retaining pin goes into the plunger you push to fold the stock, at least on the stamped guns
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand that part, but does it go into the hole also? Or just the plunger (button)
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:40:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#7]
Is that hole threaded? Seems like it would be used to take the slop out of an improperly fitted stock.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 5:30:28 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not threaded.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Given it’s reversed on the milled rifles it has to be for the pin as it would be on that side reversed or am I confused lol.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Citadel-SC:
Given it’s reversed on the milled rifles it has to be for the pin as it would be on that side reversed or am I confused lol.
View Quote

Yeah, that's the only thing I can think of. I forgot that it was reversed so even that stock slack take-up screw wouldn't really make sense.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Some countries require folding stocks have a mechanism that prevent firing if the stock is not locked into the open position.  Maybe that holes was for that?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top