Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/11/2019 6:35:28 PM EDT
Maybe this the wrong place to post(correct me if it is) this but I recently bought(just picked up on Monday) a PSA AK-V and would like to get some wood handguards for it. This pistol is built like a brick shithouse by the way Any thoughts on handguards?? .
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Is a brick shithouse good or bad?

As far as handguards, you can class it up with bakelite, surplus wood, russian, boyd's, ironwood.  Damn near anything, man.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I always thought a brick shithouse was good . I was curious if PSA AKs fitment was unique or different then any others
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
They do have a sling loop on the front left.  If you want a magpul handguard, you have to get the MOE version that doesn't cover up that sling loop.
Link Posted: 4/17/2019 2:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They do have a sling loop on the front left.  If you want a magpul handguard, you have to get the MOE version that doesn't cover up that sling loop.
View Quote
I get that, as it came with MOE on it. I was curious if it uses Romanian, Bulgarian, Yugo, etc fitment for stocks or if it was its own. I have an Arsenal 107 for example, that I put Beech handguards from Ironwood on but the fitment is Bulgarian Ak74 not 47.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Maybe this the wrong place to post(correct me if it is) this but I recently bought(just picked up on Monday) a PSA AK-V and would like to get some wood handguards for it. This pistol is built like a brick shithouse by the way Any thoughts on handguards?? .
View Quote
OP, your title said AK-P (7.62) but in post it said AK-V (9mm), if you are asking about the AK-V, I'm in the process to change out the Magpul furniture to laminated wood.  Upper and lower handguard pieces fit right in.  Still waiting for a long screw to install the wood grip.  I got a folding brace coming from PSA but almost tempted to get a triangle brace from Bonesteel and rig up something to work.  AK-47 laminate stock set from Centerfire Systems fits well, but need to get lower hand guard tension spring and grip screw, these are on order from RTG.

As far as 'brick $hit house' goes, yes indeed , she is a tanker.  Function test fired 300 rds yesterday and the only ammo it had a few fail to feed was my 124 JHP hand loads (a little long in OAL so was choking up at the feed ramp, not the gun's problem), the rest of the test went great with 115 gr Sellior & Bellot FMJ and Freedom Munitions 124 gr XTP JHP.

Trigger needs to be replaced with something better, I can work with AK triggers but the travel on this one is way too long.  I'm looking at the RAK-1 double hook and AGL, not sure which one I want to spend the $ on, maybe I'll bite the bullet and get the Power Custom adjustable trigger (have one in the 74 and it is fantastic).

In a nutshell, the AK-V is another money pit in the making - PAS brace - $200, Woodies furniture - $50, incoming trigger +/- $30-$90.

AK 47 Laminated Stock Set - $39.99

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/Handguards-and-Hardware-c344.htm

Bonesteel triangle brace - https://www.bonesteelarms.com/Folding-Arm-Brace-FS-AB.htm
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top