Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/19/2024 4:17:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SkagSig40]
I recently came into some ammo and I've been out of the AK market for years. Just curious if this stuff is any good and who made the WOLF stuff. I know Wolf is the importer but wondering if you can tell what Russian factory made it? How do you tell? Also who made the orange "Cheapest" ammo and is it "Golden Tiger"?  How about the Red Army Standard and Norma stuff? Are these any good? Thanks for any info on these!

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:05:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OverScoped] [#1]
Out of all of those Norma Would be my first choice because I can reload it.
My second choice is Wolf.
Then red army standard.
I've never heard of the cheapest ammo.

I would buy all of that in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:16:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Laserjock] [#2]
All garbage ammonia part of the moisten son project

Send to me for disposal. I'll only charge you a discounted fee of $50

Edit:

Kidding. $40

Kidding again 2nd edit

I bet those except for the Norma could be fem the same factories. Opena box of each and I net you they're package the same way. Layer of paper between each row of 5. Even has the same 2 staples on the outer

All good blammoes
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I would suspect the "cheapestammo" to be repackaged Golden Tiger. We'd need a picture of a bullet and headstamp to be sure.

The Wolf Military Classic 124gr HP is 8M3. I would scoop that up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks gentlemen! Can anyone tell by the box markings if it is Barnaul or Vymple? Those of the only two Russian ammo factories I have heard of.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Laserjock:
All garbage ammonia part of the moisten son project

Send to me for disposal. I'll only charge you a discounted fee of $50

Edit:

Kidding. $40

Kidding again 2nd edit

I bet those except for the Norma could be fem the same factories. Opena box of each and I net you they're package the same way. Layer of paper between each row of 5. Even has the same 2 staples on the outer

All good blammoes
View Quote

C'mon, he could probably get triple that price selling back to Ukraine
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is some pictures of the head stamp and also the Vympel logo I found on the box of the "Cheapest" brand:

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top