Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/30/2024 2:51:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Midwest industries makes a side rail mount, as well as a few other companies. Just don't buy something compatible with a Yugo rifle and you should be ok.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything not for a yugo side rail should work fine.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a standard RS Regulate AKM mount. (The same one that fits my Saigas and Romanian SAR1).

Link Posted: 6/1/2024 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd probably go with the RS Regulate AK-302 rear biased mount and then the AKML upper for Aimpoint Micro footprint; then install whatever micro dot you want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Willisinnawoods:
I'd probably go with the RS Regulate AK-302 rear biased mount and then the AKML upper for Aimpoint Micro footprint; then install whatever micro dot you want.
View Quote
definitely this. The rear site will interfere with most standard US made side rails. Most are made for the AKM or AK74. RS Regulate is just a great piece anyway, but do get the rear biased as Willis said.

Personally, on mine I went with an Ultimak and a micro dot for cowitness, so there are options out there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I just put a midwest on mine with a 510c on top.

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#11]
If using a side-mount, RS Regulate is definitely the gold standard, hands down.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
Anything not for a yugo side rail should work fine.
View Quote
Generally true but the AKSU has the rear sight much closer to the rail than a regular AK

OP, most side rails will end up sliding forward on the rail until the front of the base stops just short of the rivet that holds the optic plate in place. If the railed section on top is longer than the base of the side rail (and that rivet) it will most likely hit the AKSU rear sight ears and not fit properly unless it's a really tall optic or rail mount

In this photo BP02 doesn't actually seat properly. It's close, but does not lock in place because seating it any further will make it run into the rear sight ears

You can see BP02 again in the top left. Everything else is even longer

Here's the RS with, as I recall, the mid bias mount, and you can see why everyone is recommending it, including me. It's the best overall choice even though pricey

Some rare versions of the 1P87 mount are similar to PK01-Vi but both types will be hard to find. If you do score one however, it will fit the AKSU

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:11:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hodgescl] [#13]
I have had Midwest, rs regulate, and master mounts.

All three are good quality.

The older Midwest gen 1 side mounts were beefier than the others, but not as flexible.

The master mount is cool because it has an acog slot cut into the pic rail so you can mount a red dot on the rail or a prism sight nice and low directly to the mount.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 7:51:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JamesJones] [#16]
Originally Posted By Joshuasaur:
We were just going to do a red dot, but I really like this idea too
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Joshuasaur:
Originally Posted By d16man:
Which optic are you wanting OP?  If you go with something like the PA micro prism, it mounts like an acog but had very short eye relief.  The AK Master Mount has a rear biased version that helps with this.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/337946/1000003427-3186847.jpg
We were just going to do a red dot, but I really like this idea too

I have a couple 3x and a 1x of  the PA cyclops gen2's. Nice optics for AKs besides not really looking great with AKs to me for some reason.

The 1x was on my akv but I had to swap out for a red dot because I needed it for another AK. Long story short Im tempted to buy another one for the akv because it was way faster than the dot is.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top