Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2003 3:16:29 PM EDT
which brand is the best armalite bushy knights or rra also any others i have left out
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The Knights trigger is by far the most expensive, somewhere in the $240 range. The Bushmaster is a POS and not worth it even if it was free, I am dead serious about that. The Armalite is overpriced since it is much like the Rock River but not quite as good. The Rock River is the best for the money, you can find them for around $95 or so and are the best buy out there, IMHO. Another option is the Jewell. They are around $175 and are fully adjustable. I have 3 and like them alot. Some have reported problems with their's and I cannot comment on that, my experience has been pretty good.

All of that being said, the Rock River is the best deal going for a two stage trigger.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the JP Trigger I had put on when I ordered my DPMS.  I believe it is around 140 or so.  Single stage and fairly light pull (3-4lbs).

It is also adjustable but I haven't found a need yet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 10:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for the JP. Easy to install and it is CRISP! Like the proverbial glass rod breaking. I adjusted the overtravel and engagement all the way down, and the entire movement of the trigger from at rest to fully pulled is 3/32". It's like a fly-by-wire "go" button, but with a 3-3.5-pound trigger pull.

The other nice aspect of the JP is that you can get hammer/trigger springs in three weights: 3-3.5, 4 and 4.5 pounds. The 3-3.5 is for match use, the 4-lb is for tactical and the 4.5-lb is the required minimum weight for DCM competition. I run the 3-3.5-lb trigger spring with the 4.5-lb hammer spring, which packs a little more punch for hard military primers. If I want to shoot competition, all I have to do is swap the trigger spring and I'm DCM-legal.
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
RRA is good. Mine is just heavy enough to be safe.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I had my factory trigger worked by Williams Trigger Specialties. Love it, 4.5 lb single stage with no noticeable creep.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Knights is the best but you can afford 2 or the others you mention for the cost of the Knight's.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#7]
If you feel comfortable, do your own. I bought a reduced power spring kit from Brownells($10.00) and used my Dremel and the polishing kit. I have it to a liveable 4-5 lbs. I plan to shoot in service rifle matches anyway, so for me this is ok. It took about an hour and only cost me the time and $10.00. However, I plan to get one of the good ones later, but for now, this is a quick fix and I did it myself. I figured if I messed something up, the replacement part is not very expensive either.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2003 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The Army's Marksmanship Unit and the Marine Rifle team use only one trigger in their "Match M-16s"  The Milazzo-Krieger (MKII) It's difficult to get one (some have waited years but that was a while ago)and you need someone with experience installing these Triggers, not just a gun-smith.  I had the AMU put mine in at Perry.  IMHO: The Best, bar-none.  You notice the difference in Standing 200 yards and slow prone at 600.  Just about when your mind is saying "NOW" the bullet has ripped through the X or 10 ring.  FWIW, someone mentioned the CLE/Bushmaster Trigger, I had one for years and earned my Distinguished Rifleman's badge with one long before I got an MKII.
Kenny
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#9]
what kind of price and who would sell the krieger trigger thanks for the replys
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#10]
How about a JARD trigger?  Does anyone have any experience with one of those?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
what kind of price and who would sell the krieger trigger thanks for the replys
View Quote

The Millazzo-Kreiger trigger is sold by a fellow named Charlie Millazzo. He is impossible to get ahold of and so are his triggers, still. If you value even a smidgen of customer service, he is *NOT* your man. The last time I checked they were about $240 or so. These triggers are basically hand fitted to each individual lower, so installation is not for the feint of heart. They will also come out of adjustment over time as they still use GI trigger springs. So periodic adjustment is necessary. At one time, these were the top trigger if you could get ahold of one. Now there are many other less expensive options for sale by other companies that actually value your business. For those that have been in highpower long enough, Charlie is the one who threatened to sue all shooters who had triggers made by other companies.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#12]
For single stage triggers you've got three good choices.
Accuracy speaks, hammer and trigger combo. No screws in 4lb range, rework trigger geometry.

JP enterprise. Works with stock hammer, has two screws, get down to 3lb ok, might get a light strike on hard primers.

Jard, lots of screws, will bet below 3lbs good clean break, will even get below 2lbs.

Clean triggers can be a problem because of alignment of the holes in the receiver. My Colt was off and took a lot of trigger fitting to get a clean break. My PWA, Armalites, RockRiver were all fine.

The simplest is the Accuracy speaks, and will proabably have the longest life, and least maintaince and work best with real dirty guns.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Milazzo-Krieger Accuracy Products
N9178 Walnut Street
East Troy, WI  53120
(414)363-8779

or you could try Mike Bykowski (Great Guy!)
at:
High Performance International
5734 W. Florist Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53218
(414)466-9040

Here's my take on triggers for Rat Guns: If your really serious, the MKII is the one. If there were a better TRIGGER out there for the Match M16/AR15, you'd see the Service Teams with something other than the Milazzo.

Just my opinion,
Kenny
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top