BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I don't...................... sorry.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys, I like this forum. I don't want to be banned.  You people mock me till i see red.
   I am very sorry for my tone. I am done with the 6940 mess.

PS. I have a feeling we are going to be on the same line one day. Things are looking ugly in our country right now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2009 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guys, I like this forum. I don't want to be banned.  You people mock me till i see red.
   I am very sorry for my tone. I am done with the 6940 mess.

PS. I have a feeling we are going to be on the same line one day. Things are looking ugly in our country right now.

Indeed they are. Might I suggest that you go back and edit all of the personal attacks and name calling out of your posts, at a minimum? As soon as a mod sees those, your account will disappear before you know it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 3:02:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I like Colt rifles and many others as well.  If you qualify for the link below, this is a great deal.  I am not affiliated with this company at all.  Just a heads up!

Phoenix Distributors

Now as far as the 6940.  Im not crazy about it, only because it uses the same gas system.  You can do the same to a 6920 adding a quality FF HG (Larue) and a flip up gas block (Vltor or PRI) and probably end up with a better end product.  If you can get one (a 6940) great.  For the sake of design, its ok.  I still think the LMT MRP gas piston will be better, but will cost much more in the end.  Just a thought.

Good luck with your conquest's aquiring any of these products in this market!
Link Posted: 1/30/2009 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In every exchange that he and his supposed "father" have been a part of, they have been rude, condescending and childish, which is why they took flak....
~Augee

I didn't know men got so upset over things like this, I thought only women did.

My apologies.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/30/2009 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In every exchange that he and his supposed "father" have been a part of, they have been rude, condescending and childish, which is why they took flak....
~Augee

My apologies.

Chris

Sorry that fundamental decency makes you feel emasculated.  Done with you too.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 4:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
~Augee

My apologies.

Chris

Dude, if you don't know the history here, you should probably ask without commenting.  Or better yet, just shut up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2009 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No I never said there were only going to be 500 made. The 1st 500 were going to be near impossible to get. Do you have one yet...............NO

Oh, I seem to recall something from you along those lines.  And, yes, that was the story:  only 500 being made and not publicly available.

I got to spend some time with one today.  Very impressive.  6920 lower, monolithic rail upper with proprietary barrel nut, front and rear BUIS.  And, only $300 more than the 6920.  You couldn't build one on your own that would be better than the 6940, and not just because it wouldn't be the 6940 or all Colt.

BTW, it looks like Colt will be cranking up production to have 1000-1300 available a month.  

One other thing: part of the delay in getting the first 500 out was the "special" laser vertical foregrip.  Apparently, the company making the laser VFG got served with a summons and complaint and so the VFG won't be available, at least any time soon.  You can read more about the 6940 in the Colt forum: Colt 6940: Pics and News.

FWIW, I think SixgunJr is actually trying hard to do the right thing. I just don't think he understands what the right thing is that he should do. . . .
Link Posted: 2/1/2009 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can try to get one but you won't. LE ONLY,and connected]

That your way sticking your nose in the air?

I've noticed that's pretty common amongst the colt cult

Don't do that

20 seconds with photoshop and the logo has been fixed, yes I owned a colt, but sold it for a profit and built my own that is more to my liking.

Link Posted: 2/1/2009 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
20 seconds with photoshop and the logo has been fixed, yes I owned a colt, but sold it for a profit and built my own that is more to my liking.

Good for you.  I'm sure that your hobby gun is to your liking.  And don't mistake sixgunjr for any of the serious Colt shooters and collecters over on the Colt forum. . .  

Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got some at a gunstore in my area.

They are going to be rare and very pricey some day.
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just got some at a gunstore in my area.

They are going to be rare and very pricey some day.

What store and location of store?  You seem very knowledgeable for your 2nd post...

AC

Link Posted: 2/25/2009 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#13]
is this not a fucking tech forum?
what the fuck is this bullshit?

take the colt bashing and grade school antics to GD...
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 10:08:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
is this not a fucking tech forum?
what the fuck is this bullshit?

take the colt bashing and grade school antics to GD...

Seriously, how has this abortion not been locked?

Bullshit lies, vaporware, and personal attacks. This crap would get locked in GD, too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#15]
My dealer said they would be in stock within a month, according to Colt, after they ship a big run of 6920 rifles.
But, Colt promised him the 6920's a month ago, and they still are not here.
This is supposed to be a LIMITED EDITION run, and not that many rifles will be sold...

AC
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Head of colt LE sles told me himself its NOT a LIMITED RUN.  It will be standard. just the 1st release will be limited, for R&D and to work out any bugs I suppose, But it will be standard item
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#17]
The limited run may have been the aborted run of 500 with the laser vertical foregrip.   The company making the VFG was going to get sued, or did get sued, and so it was not offered.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 3:48:43 PM EDT
[#18]
not reading this whole thing, but SAW has them listed as in stock
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know what people were talking about with the "only 500 made".  These 6940s are popping up everywhere.  There's like 20 of them on GB right now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2009 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't know what people were talking about with the "only 500 made".  These 6940s are popping up everywhere.  There's like 20 of them on GB right now.

This thread is pretty old at this point. Obviously that was all speculation, most of which looks to be wrong. 6940's are in fact everywhere now, too bad we can't seem to find any 6941's or 14.5" and 11.5" barreled versions...
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought a 6940 over the counter at a local gun shop last Thursday.  It was a pleasant surprise seeing one there.  The price was stiff, but I didn't use real money, just a credit card.  I haven't fired it yet.  

I'm thinking maybe I should have gone for the good old 6920 instead.  Whatcha think?
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bought a 6940 over the counter at a local gun shop last Thursday.  It was a pleasant surprise seeing one there.  The price was stiff, but I didn't use real money, just a credit card.  I haven't fired it yet.  

I'm thinking maybe I should have gone for the good old 6920 instead.  Whatcha think?

I bought the 6920 over the 6940 for the fact that it would more modular, as far as being able to choose the rail/flip BUIS that I WANTED, but thats just me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought the 6920 over the 6940 for the fact that it would more modular, as far as being able to choose the rail/flip BUIS that I WANTED, but thats just me.

It's not just you.  That's been my thinking precisely––first in the store, and especially since I got the thing home.  The 6940 flip up rear sight IS kinda funky––no way what I would pick on its own.  On the other hand, the sights are mostly for BU, and the rear one DOES come off if one just can't stand it.

I've "modularized" my other rifles, and figured to keep the Colt as is.  The "as is" form of the 6020 is hard to beat, though. You really gonna mess with your 6920 much?

Link Posted: 5/18/2009 6:03:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You can try to get one but you won't. LE ONLY,and connected.

Wow, you sure are special.

Dead wrong also.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I've now put a couple hundred rounds through the 6940––XM 193 and 20 of Remington's 45gr. hollowpoints.  Functions flawlessly with aluminum and with P-mags.  I didn't try the 20-rounders that came with the weapon.

The wear patterns on the bolt bearing surfaces are more symmetrical, the charging handle is more rigid, and the action is smoother (both out of the box and after shooting) than my RRA.  The staking of the carrier bolts was nicely done on the Colt––not so on the RRA.

It's pretty hard to find fault with the 6940.  There are better threads about it than this one, which degenerated pretty badly into a flame war.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#26]
I bought a 6920 recently over the 6940 because of two main things.  The first being price point (even with a comparable free floated rail installed) and second being the iron sights on the weapon.  I believe (with my unfounded logic, etc etc) that solid non-moving objects for sights are preferable for a weapon intended to be used as such.
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I think your logic is very well founded, sweatpants.
I'm more pleased with the 6940 than I thought I'd be, but still wonder if I shouldn't have gone with the 6920.  The very points you mention are ones that continue to nag at me.
The obvious solution is to break out the credit card, also get a 6920, and THEN critically review my rationale––repeatedly, at the range.
Surely Mr. Obama will bail me out.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Colt LE6940 Law Enforcement Carbine

The Colt LE6940 Monolithic Advanced Law Enforcement Carbine is an evolution of the 6920.  This rifle feature's Colt's new monolithic upper receiver.  In addition to an uninterrupted full-length front rail, this upper receiver allows for a free-floated barrel.  This rifle also features a gas-block mounted front flip-up sight with bayonet lug and a MaTech backup rear sight.  The barrel is Colt's standard 16.1" chrome lined M4 barrel with an A2 flash hider up front.  This rifle includes two 20rd magazines and a sling.

Specifications:

* Unique direct gas operating system eliminates the conventional operating rod and results in fewer and lighter components
   * Accommodates the full range of 5.56mm ammunition, including the NATO M855/SS109 and U.S. M193, utilizing a rifling twist of 1 turn in 7" (178mm)
   * Straight-line construction disperses recoil straight back to the shoulder, increasing handling capabilities, especially during repeated fire
   * 4-position sliding buttstock allows the weapon to adapt to users of different sizes and physical characteristics as well as various firing positions and clothing variations
   * Cartridge case deflector allows easy operation in both right and left handed shooting positions for increased tactical applications
   * Muzzle compensator further reduces muzzle climb and helps eliminate flash and dust signatures
   * Ejection port cover protects the chamber from dust and mud
   * Field strips easily without special tools for simple field user maintenance
   * Flat top receiver allows for removable carrying handle and easy mounting of accessories
   * M203 40mm Grenade Launcher mounts directly to the Carbine without modification
   * Two 20 round magazines, cleaning kit and sling are standard. 30-round magazines are optional
   * Target style rear sight features dual apertures (0-200m, 300-600m) and adjusts for both windage and elevation
   * High strength materials add durability to the forearm, buttstock and pistol grip for greater comfort and effectiveness
   * Caliber - 5.56mm
   * Gas Direct system, Locking bolt
   * Two 20 round
   * Fire Control - Safe - Semi
   * Effective Range - 600m
   * Front Sight - Adjustable front
   * Rear Sight - Target sight adjustable for windage and elevation
   * Flash Hider
   * Removable carrying handle
   * Oversized double heat shield
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Colt LE6940 Law Enforcement Carbine

spamming the thread too I see..........................

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Nothing says "I'm awesome" like digging up a 2 month old thread to post something like that...
Link Posted: 7/14/2009 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Hold on. . . . Botach might be offering them at a discount and actually have them in stock.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 2:07:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hold on. . . . Botach might be offering them at a discount and actually have them in stock.

Hmmmm.....
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 4:00:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Personally, I'm not sure I'd buy anything again from Botach after my last experiance.
Link Posted: 8/25/2009 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

NAIL/HEAD....

$1335 shipped..

Man I wish I had a magic credit card...

CXS

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top