BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2008 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
A.r.m.s. sir system is what i have on my pof 14.5. i had to remove the front pin on the rail. it was laying on the piston. if i knew how to send a picture in i would. fng
Link Posted: 2/5/2008 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the model number of SIR.  I really would like to do that to my piston AR.  Did you have to retrofit anything besides the pin?

Thanks,

Bud
Link Posted: 2/5/2008 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Not007, any adverse issues with the Thermold mags?  Or are those Orlites?  I have a couple Thermolds that are in the bottom of my barrel.  I don't use them, and if I ever did, it would be because I had emptied every other mag at the threat and it kept coming!   :)

Here's an updated picture of my LWRC M6A1.  

It now wears an AAC M4-2000 Mod 07:

Link Posted: 2/5/2008 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#4]
New Gas-Piston System from Adams Arms @ Shot

I had a chance to see some of the new drop-in Gas-Piston systems coming out @ Shot Show.

One that really looked good was from Adams Arms.  It can be installed by the user in about 15 minutes according to them.

adamsarms.net/

Link Posted: 2/5/2008 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not007, any adverse issues with the Thermold mags?  Or are those Orlites?  I have a couple Thermolds that are in the bottom of my barrel.  I don't use them, and if I ever did, it would be because I had emptied every other mag at the threat and it kept coming!   :)

Here's an updated picture of my LWRC M6A1.  

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jerrellwise/TC%20Drills/LWRCM6A1.jpg

It now wears an AAC M4-2000 Mod 07:

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jerrellwise/TC%20Drills/LWRCM6A12.jpg

i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jerrellwise/Gun%20Pics/LWRC105tanPmag.jpg

Nice rifle

I bought 100 just before and during the ban, used them exclusively with my AR and M16s.  To date I have had only three go bad.  Those were due the loading tool causing ammunition to wear the front inner wall.  After I started loading the rounds remembering to lean the mags towards the back this problem went away.

If I remember the earlier canadian magazines were not heat resistant and the lips would melt.  Most of mine were marked Thermold Wilson NC, those had no heat issues, countless full auto dumps.

I have 4 of the maple leaf marked ones. those dont get shot, I keep them as collector items.

I bought my first magpul P-Mag last week,  looks like I know what my next 100 will be      

Link Posted: 2/6/2008 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
New Gas-Piston System from Adams Arms @ Shot

I had a chance to see some of the new drop-in Gas-Piston systems coming out @ Shot Show.

One that really looked good was from Adams Arms.  It can be installed by the user in about 15 minutes according to them.

adamsarms.net/

adamsarms.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/AdamsArms15sml.jpg

adamsarms.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/AdamsArms14sml.jpg

adamsarms.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/AdamsArms12sml.jpg

adamsarms.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/AdamsArms11sml.jpg

it looks half LWRC and half PWS.
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Back Up!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2008 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
OK.  Here's mine:

RRA lower with two-stage trigger, POF upper with modified upper handguard.  Color match to the lower's components is not great, but I'm still continuing to experiment.

Link Posted: 2/9/2008 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
OK.  Here's mine:

RRA lower with two-stage trigger, POF upper with modified upper handguard.  Color match to the lower's components is not great, but I'm still continuing to experiment.

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/Bachelor_of_Science/000_0214.jpg

Very nice  Whose handguards?  Your modifications were sucessful I see.  I want to replace the Bushy/POF handguards on mine, so any advise would be appreciated

Link Posted: 2/9/2008 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's a pic of the modified upper handguard.  I used a Dremel tool...VERY carefully until I got what resembled the original black POF handguard.  There is absolutely no modification to the heat shield.  I think I'm going to try my hand at either an MI rail system or SureFire system.  It all depends on what the internal diameters are.

Link Posted: 2/10/2008 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Here's a pic of the modified upper handguard.  I used a Dremel tool...VERY carefully until I got what resembled the original black POF handguard.  There is absolutely no modification to the heat shield.  I think I'm going to try my hand at either an MI rail system or SureFire system.  It all depends on what the internal diameters are.

i39.photobucket.com/albums/e180/Bachelor_of_Science/000_0215.jpg

Thanks for the pic,  now I need to some handguards.
Link Posted: 2/10/2008 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife has been graduated to the Piston AR So I decided to take a few new pics.  Also ordered a Bushmaster piston conversion.  I know this is Blasphemy to the Kool-Aid crowd but I am thinking of adding the conversion kit to my 6920

POF with Predator rail, Troy BUIS, Trijicon TA31, CTR stock and Tango Down pistol grip.

Bustmaster Piston, UBR stock and Ttijicon TA01. (Wifes gun)

LWRC M6 upper on POF lower, CTR stock, Trijicon TA31, and Tango Down pistol grip.

Link Posted: 4/2/2008 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#14]

I've since added a KX3 (it helped cure the chronic headaches and nose bleeds)
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#15]
OST! Kool pics!
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 5:00:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/2/2008 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Patiently awaiting the arrival of my LWRC 14.5" upper, but in the interim, here's a shot of my POF 14.5" w/VLTOR CASV-EL, EOTech 553, Pentagon WeaponLight, VLTOR "Clubfoot" stock and TD Battlegrip.  A TD VFG will replace the one shown.  The modifications to the CASV were very minor...simply milling some metal to fit.  

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top