Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2024 7:28:50 AM EDT
Liberty Precision Machine has their Eclipse flash hider that I really like and want to put it on my 5.56 AR. They only make it in 30cal, but does offer 1/2x28 thread pitch. Will this still fit ok on my 5.56 AR? Also, would the flash suppression make much difference beng a 30cal instead of 556?
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It will fit.  You can always go larger, not smaller.  Regarding flash suppression, it will still divert burning gases through it's ports.  In the past I have used generic A2 flash hiders (work with diameters up to 9mm) and they worked about the same.  The "cage" part is open rather than having  small hole on it's end.
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 6:41:48 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as the bore isn't too big.  TDP A2's bore size is usable for 30 cal, but smaller the bore size, the better the flash suppression performance.  May not be something naked eyes can see, it's observable in video and pics especially if a camera has good low light performance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#3]
YHM and probably others offer their suppressor mount flash hiders in 1/2x28 for both the .30 cal and .223/5.56.

I use an older .30 cal can on all my .223/5.56 rifles. If there is a difference in flash while unsuppressed I can't see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top