Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2017 10:36:10 AM EDT
I've been a 5.56 AR man since the 80s but I'm really digging the 6.5 Grendel. I recently bought a Sabre Defense upper with a chrome lined barrel and have been burning some serious ammo through it. I want to build a 10.5" or 11.5" 6.5 Grendel AR pistol for home defense and to carry but no one has any barrels in these lengths that aren't S.S.. I don't want a stainless steel barrel. I didn't get into Grendel to punch paper at 1,000 yards nor to hunt. Why isn't anyone making some chrome lined or Nitride QPQ barrels ?

Maybe my search wasn't as thorough as I thought but I didn't see any barrels of these lengths that weren't S.S. If you know of a source please let me know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been a 5.56 AR man since the 80s but I'm really digging the 6.5 Grendel. I recently bought a Sabre Defense upper with a chrome lined barrel and have been burning some serious ammo through it. I want to build a 10.5" or 11.5" 6.5 Grendel AR pistol for home defense and to carry but no one has any barrels in these lengths that aren't S.S.. I don't want a stainless steel barrel. I didn't get into Grendel to punch paper at 1,000 yards nor to hunt. Why isn't anyone making some chrome lined or Nitride QPQ barrels ?

Maybe my search wasn't as thorough as I thought but I didn't see any barrels of these lengths that weren't S.S. If you know of a source please let me know. Thanks.
View Quote

What about get the barrel you want and send it to Adco to have cut down and re threaded?
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What about get the barrel you want and send it to Adco to have cut down and re threaded?
View Quote
I thought about going that route but I'd rather have a barrel which was originally made as an AR pistol barrel. I'm not seeing any so I may have to have a carbine barrel cut down until some company brings what I want to the market.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I know that Faxon has made some 12" nitrided barrels in 6.5.  Not sure if they are a regular cataloged item, but have definitely seen them on 65Grendel.com as a group buy.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I know that Faxon has made some 12" nitrided barrels in 6.5.  Not sure if they are a regular cataloged item, but have definitely seen them on 65Grendel.com as a group buy.
View Quote
Got my SS Lilja 12 5/8" barrel thru a group buy over there & I'm happy as heck with it. SS doesn't fit the OP's bill though.

Try BSF Barrels for the length you're after. Although, they're SS & cabon fiber.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a nitrided 12" Faxon barrel from the group buy.

Saber Defense used to make CMV chrome-lined Grendel rifles, uppers, and barrels before the ATF shut them down.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Lilja does not plan to make anymore short grendel barrels, I called awhile back. Faxon and Ballistic make 12.5”. There is a group buy for a second run of Faxon 12” barrels right now on the Grendel forum.

I think the Sabre Defense barrels have dried up. Redx arms has complete uppers built with some carbine, chrome lined barrels.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lilja does not plan to make anymore short grendel barrels, I called awhile back. Faxon and Ballistic make 12.5”. There is a group buy for a second run of Faxon 12” barrels right now on the Grendel forum.

I think the Sabre Defense barrels have dried up. Redx arms has complete uppers built with some carbine, chrome lined barrels.
View Quote
As stated in my OP I don't want a 12" barrel. So far my only option is to have a longer barrel cut down or wait until someone makes a 10.5 or 11.5 bbl.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Alexander Arms used to make a 10.5, but I haven't seen any.  I would cut the Sabre if I could find another one.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Saber Defense used to make CMV chrome-lined Grendel rifles, uppers, and barrels before the ATF shut them down.
View Quote
@lrrpf52 Have you exercised that 12” Faron yet?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Alexander Arms used to make a 10.5, but I haven't seen any.
View Quote
The went to 11" and seems to be complete uppers only but it may be worth a telephone call.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Waiting on some parts and some new things I'm working on.

Everything about this is going to be pretty forward-thinking.

The rear end, the receivers, the barrel, muzzle, and optics package are stepping in a totally new direction.

The goal is maximum terminal performance from the smallest, lightest package, with the highest hit probability possible that I can squeak out of it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#12]
For those that want a pistol-length barrel that is sub 10.5", contact Precision Firearms.

They might even have some ready to go.

PF already did some velocity testing with everything from 7" on up with 123gr SMK ammo.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top