Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2017 4:00:53 AM EDT
So after getting into Battlefield 1, I have really fallen in love with the camo they used on some stuff. I was wondering if anyone else would get a Cerikote job done with this pattern. I think the pattern is called "disruptive"

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:06:38 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]
The tank doesn't look too bad but that helmet, in my opinion, looks ridiculous. I guess it's a way to distract your enemy for a few seconds or get them to ROFL while you attack.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#3]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 6:15:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#5]
"Large Block" Cammo is more effective at greater distances.

If you like the look, go on ahead.  This is still America!  Land Of the Free & Home of the Brave!

If you are really brave, try a "Dazzle" pattern ...

Classic Black & White

Modern Multi-Color

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:24:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Do what you like, you could paint it hot pink and gold if that's what you want.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#9]
WW I
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#10]
The germans did some really interesting stuff with camo in WW1...do I think it would work on an AR15? Maybe if it was done right. I've been toying around with the idea of painting up a semi auto sten like this just to see what it would look like but I do think it's definitely going to look better on vintage stuff.

Instead of basing the camo pattern off of what BF1 is doing I'd suggest researching some of the other german camo

you can see when it wears it is a lot more subtle:

and hey you could also just go full retro and dress like this guy!

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#11]
No. Looks like a turtle.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Tank looks decent, but no go in my ao
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't like camo when I was in the military and I sure the hell don't like it now that I am out of the military!

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#14]
No X2
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't like camo when I was in the military and I sure the hell don't like it now that I am out of the military!

View Quote
Stop not liking what I like Dave.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I might. If you like it go for it. Don't worry what anyone else thinks.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Put it on a rifle and post a pic and we'll let you know.  Do what you want to your rifle.  I would suggest rattle can instead of Cerakote.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Put it on a rifle and post a pic and we'll let you know.  Do what you want to your rifle.  I would suggest rattle can instead of Cerakote.
View Quote
This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#19]
kyptek is in the same ballpark

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The germans did some really interesting stuff with camo in WW1...do I think it would work on an AR15? Maybe if it was done right. I've been toying around with the idea of painting up a semi auto sten like this just to see what it would look like but I do think it's definitely going to look better on vintage stuff.

Instead of basing the camo pattern off of what BF1 is doing I'd suggest researching some of the other german camo

you can see when it wears it is a lot more subtle:

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/CGwAAOSwBahVFFQU/s-l200.jpg

and hey you could also just go full retro and dress like this guy!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/1a/c4/5d/1ac45d632649358f948eb578e74cbd0a.jpg
View Quote
I'm sorry I should have clarified that. The game just got me interested in different guns and camo's used in WW1. BF1 misses the mark by a long shot when it comes to WW1 but it did get me interested in reading more about the great war.

As far as painting it myself, I have always put to much paint on everything and gotten bad runs, so never tried a gun and probably won't
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I think camo is terrible.  But i think you should do what you like
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think camo is terrible.  But i think you should do what you like
View Quote
"Camo is terrible".....what the hell does that even mean?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So after getting into Battlefield 1, I have really fallen in love with the camo they used on some stuff. I was wondering if anyone else would get a Cerikote job done with this pattern. I think the pattern is called "disruptive"

http://www.kingandcountry.com/images/deptdata/Image/Product/FW146(S).jpg
http://www.paradeantiques.co.uk/images/robby-wilson-wwi-m16-german-camo-childs-helmet-01_01.jpg
View Quote
I don't think the camo on the tank is all that bad, but I just don't think the black lines separating the different colors is necessary.  IMO, would look better without them.

The helmet is atrocious.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't think the camo on the tank is all that bad, but I just don't think the black lines separating the different colors is necessary.  IMO, would look better without them.

The helmet is atrocious.
View Quote
You have to keep in mind that most western countries were still developing camouflage theory at this time and most of them weren't doing it in an organized or even government approved fashion. I actually wrote my degree thesis on this exact thing. Even in early WW2 when the Brits were handing out camouflage nets to camouflage some of their equipment during the battle of Britain and the blitz a lot of the standard troops thought that camo nets and camo paint somehow magically made objects "vanish" to the naked eye.

I look at a lot of the WW1 stuff and some of it is pretty garish and some of it looks like art but the basic principals of breaking up an outline are there (even if it isn't all that effective). Not that it relates to WW1 but if you want an overview into just where camouflage thinking was during WW2 I would recommend "The Camouflage Story" by Geoffrey Barkas. Interesting guy and interesting book, however there are many more out there. Like a lot of things however the Germans were ahead of the curve in most areas.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You have to keep in mind that most western countries were still developing camouflage theory at this time and most of them weren't doing it in an organized or even government approved fashion. I actually wrote my degree thesis on this exact thing. Even in early WW2 when the Brits were handing out camouflage nets to camouflage some of their equipment during the battle of Britain and the blitz a lot of the standard troops thought that camo nets and camo paint somehow magically made objects "vanish" to the naked eye.

I look at a lot of the WW1 stuff and some of it is pretty garish and some of it looks like art but the basic principals of breaking up an outline are there (even if it isn't all that effective). Not that it relates to WW1 but if you want an overview into just where camouflage thinking was during WW2 I would recommend "The Camouflage Story" by Geoffrey Barkas. Interesting guy and interesting book, however there are many more out there. Like a lot of things however the Germans were ahead of the curve in most areas.
View Quote
Cool, but I was thinking more along the lines of a paint job/cerakote finish on the OP's rifle. Paint it like the tank but without the black lines.

Just for an example, look at the rifle on doc_Zox's post.  Look at the background and imagine his rifle without the mesh pattern and only the different green colors.  It would blend in much better with the terrain without the mesh pattern, imo.  Just like the OP's picture of the tank would blend in better without the black lines.  Why put a distinct pattern (like mesh or black stripes) on something you are trying to blend with your surroundings is my question.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I like it.
But I also want to do a rifle in duck hunter camo too so what do I know?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Pop I agree with you I was just saying that they didn't know better at the time, or rather some people didn't know better a lot of people didn't use the black lines at all. See below:

I believe there were some guidelines issued by some countries and I think some of them even included black lines. However the black line pattern, at least imho, has become the go to/ most ubiquitous for two reasons a) it is striking and b) it is dissimilar enough to WW2 Nazi camo patterns that it can be used without "offending" people in games etc

If you want to see some really interesting artwork/camo you should look at the german ww1 aircraft!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Just my personal opinion!

Try it, dude.  Rattle can it, use stencils, use your imagination.  Be sure and share pics when you're done.  I mean, if you don't like it . . . it's not like it's herpes, man.  You can get rid of it.

Personally, I'm still sneaking up on painting my rifles.  I want to get them "done sir done" and be perfectly happy with them.  I'm thinking of something that's light colored, somewhat disruptive, and "different" so I can easily pick it out of a rack of other ARs.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sir, thanks for the learning!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Well done paint job on the French Somua S35. But I wouldn't like it on an AR.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I like it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't know. Kinda looks like a turtle shell to me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well done paint job on the French Somua S35. But I wouldn't like it on an AR.
View Quote
That's a Renault FT.

I like it OP, it's different.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#34]
1915 german howitzer Attachment Attached File

Might be good at a distance. Camouflaged in the forest
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top