Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2024 4:25:06 PM EDT
Picked these up recently as I love period taken pictures like these!

Most of these are dated 10/25/63 and came from a single shoot. These were the some of the first Colt archived pictures that were numbered for their marketing and engineering.

Neat to see a whole rack of what im assuming is 602’s but may be 601’s. They have the modified 3 prong but other 601 features. Too far to see the serial numbers.

You can read one seriel number in another picture in the 10,000 range so that would be 601

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting the last picture there is no magazine well roll marks just a serial number.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting the last picture there is no magazine well roll marks just a serial number.
View Quote

More than likely just an engineering gun. I’ve had a few like that and were mainly used for testing of misc uppers or designs as the lowers were the same.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool pictures, thank you
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 7:30:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Why the funny looking front pivot pin (last picture). Looks kinda like those adapter pins?
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Those pics were taken on my birthday lol. Cool!

Pic C27 appears to have the 602 rollmark formatting
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those pics were taken on my birthday lol. Cool!

Pic C27 appears to have the 602 rollmark formatting
View Quote

So I know a couple with the soldiers are 601’s but may be engineering guns with no markings but the rack with the rifles appear to be all 602’s. Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I concur.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for sharing!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top