Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2024 12:16:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tug153]
Which one of these 3 would be the most accurate chrome lined barrel?
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple of 16" and am 11.5" in 556 from DD, all will do 1moa with match ammo.  16" 308 will do the same most of the time.

sample size of 2 criterion, 13.9" 556 is a 1MOA gun with match ammo, 16" 308 is the same most of the time.  All chrome lined.  Can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tug153:
View Quote

Every barrel is an anomaly.  Even if someone had all three, and posted their results with their ammo, it doesn't mean those results will translate to another example of the same barrel.

All are quality vendors.  I would lean Criterion, personally.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

Every barrel is an anomaly.  Even if someone had all three, and posted their results with their ammo, it doesn't mean those results will translate to another example of the same barrel.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Second post says it perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/6/2024 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Excellent answer and true
With that said I have three DD barrels. 1 LW 14.5 midlength, 1 government 14.5 midlength and a 11.5 carbine. As well as a 13.9 core midlength and a 14.5 midlength. If I am shooting for groups out of my batches the 14.5 LW DD shoots the best out of all of them. All three DDs shoot all ranges of ammo more consistent but the cores like the 69g smk really well.
So with me it leans DD but a buddy has a 16” core that is a tac driver that shoots like a Larue barrel. All depends on each barrel and shooter
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 8:10:19 AM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah I like criterion but every barrel is different. I’ve had four or five by now. I currently have two because they outshot the others with the ammo I like. My 13.9 will do at or a little under MOA with AAC 75BT and my 12.5 will do closer to 3/4 MOA. At least a lot of the time. I spend a lot of time shooting, I weed out barrels that don’t shoot to my satisfaction, I true&glue and optimize torque values etc, so YMMV and all that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#6]
In my experience most of the quality chrome lined barrels shoot pretty comparably.

Now if you ditch the chrome I'd say bartlein.
Link Posted: 10/7/2024 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#7]
To me, it depends on profile and length you want. For example,  dd doesn't have a light weight 11.5" chf cl barrel so you would have to look at the other two.

The rest of the factors are going to be mostly luck fonthe draw but all should shot well.

I've heard rumors that a few years ago g barrels had some issues but im sure those are fixed at this point.

The other two always get glowing reviews.
Link Posted: 10/9/2024 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been super impressed with a 14.5 G barrel and love the profile.   Right there with DD chrome line barrels, which are some of the best and most accurate barrels out there in my experience.
Link Posted: 10/9/2024 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Voland:
To me, it depends on profile and length you want. For example,  dd doesn't have a light weight 11.5" chf cl barrel so you would have to look at the other two.

The rest of the factors are going to be mostly luck fonthe draw but all should shot well.

I've heard rumors that a few years ago g barrels had some issues but im sure those are fixed at this point.

The other two always get glowing reviews.
View Quote

I had an early G SD and it kinda sucked for precision. It was fine, but I could never get it under 2 MOA with any consistency and I gave it a good effort. It’s not a bench gun but in this day we have hard use rifles that shoot great too, and we shouldn’t have to pick.

I do hear they’re better now, and for all I know they were better then and I just got a lemon. Sample size of one and all that. I’m completely willing to accept that if I gave them another go I’d have completely different results.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top