Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2017 1:21:47 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm looking at purchasing a DDM4V11 here in the new few months but none of my local B&M's have any in stock for me to put my hands on and checkout in person. So I am planning on just ordering one from Cabela's (they seem to have the in stock in at their warehouses more often then not.) But my question is for mainly for folks who own one of these same rifles with the Mil Spec+ Cerakote Finish. Looking online the pictures from Daniel Defense make the gun look bronze/copper (they call it Mil Spec + Brown), but I will sometimes see whether its from watching a Youtube Videos or a picture posted from someone without professional lighting the gun seems dull (less shiny), looks more along the lines of a "OD green/brownish". I'm just wondering what your guys thoughts are on how it looks in person vs the pictures available online? I'm not too hot on the Bronze/Copper look, but I really like the way the other pictures look of it (the more dull, non-bronzy).

Or was there a previous cerakote option for this gun and thats what I'm seeing in pictures and Youtube Videos?

Daniel Defense Stock photo bellow:

Duller Version below:

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:18:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have the brown DDm4v11, but I have the Tornado Grey. 

From what I'm seeing from the "decent" photos via Google Images, it looks like a mix between a brown and bronze, but with a more mattee finish. 

That said, I love my DDM4v11, and the finish is proving to be quite durable. 

Good luck on your quest! 
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks a lot closer to the guns America pic. It's a dull, non shiny cerakote job.

It came out 3 months into my MK18 wait and I was a little pissed. 
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Call DD and ask?  Look on Gunbroker?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks a lot closer to the guns America pic. It's a dull, non shiny cerakote job.

It came out 3 months into my MK18 wait and I was a little pissed. 
View Quote

Sorry Chuck can you clarify? Are you saying you know it looks closer to the America pic  because you've seen one in real life or because you've seen pictures online?

Thanks for the responses.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sorry Chuck can you clarify? Are you saying you know it looks closer to the America pic  because you've seen one in real life or because you've seen pictures online?

Thanks for the responses.
View Quote
In real life, like held it in my hands.

ETA: Hell, I think I've even shot the m4a1 in milspec+
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok great I was hoping that was the case. Thanks y'all.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah we have several in that color at the shop its pretty high quality cerakote. Its definitely not shiney its more flat or dull. I love they way they look!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks like milk chocolate. Definitely more like patriot brown than bronze.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:15:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice looking gun...personally I prefer the way the color looks in the lower picture
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the DDM4 V11 SLW in Tornado Grey and you're going to love the rifle. I've not seen the mil spec+ in person but the photos all look different.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I have seen several DD Mil spec ARs at a local shop and I'd call it Brown/Bronze. I have a mil spec RIS II rail and had my receivers cerakoted dark bronze from Joint Force Enterprises and the match is very close. He told me that he does his dark bronze mix to duplicate the Daniel Defense color.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#12]
The milspec + ones I've seen look exactly like patriot brown to me. And that color can behave differently as lighting changes. Burnt bronze has more of a metallic tone to it while patriot brown is flatter and more muted.

ETA: here's my patriot brown rifle for perspective.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It looks like milk chocolate. Definitely more like patriot brown than bronze.
View Quote

Per DD, Patriot Brown is the closest Cerakote color commercially available to consumers that will match Mil Spec +
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#14]
The  price on DD rifles went up this week.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The  price on DD rifles went up this week.
View Quote

Awesome, maybe I can get even more for the one I've got for sale
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top