Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2020 9:22:46 PM EDT
Love my EXPS-2, but hoping to lift it up a bit.  Since it's on the QD base already, I don't know if it's possible.  Turning to the experts -- thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
You want this.  Search for one in stock
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of curiosity if I run a magnifier behind an EOTech could I use this to get that on level as well if I raised the EOTech?
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Out of curiosity if I run a magnifier behind an EOTech could I use this to get that on level as well if I raised the EOTech?
View Quote

Larue Tactical LT-101 or PRI riser rail has enough space for both.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
High mounts are great.  You lose your front sight post, but I think it's worth it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is the way.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 2:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got mine last week from optics planet.  Works great with the Aimpoint twist base magnifier.  Yes, optics planet shipped that and the EXPS 3 in less than 48 hours, BOTH were in stock at the time tough.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/american-defense-manufacturing-eotech-r2-riser.html

Edit: first link is for the EXPS 3

here’s the one for the 2

https://www.opticsplanet.com/american-defense-manufacturing-eotech-riser.html
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just got mine last week from optics planet.  Works great with the Aimpoint twist base magnifier.  Yes, optics planet shipped that and the EXPS 3 in less than 48 hours, BOTH were in stock at the time tough.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/american-defense-manufacturing-eotech-r2-riser.html

Edit: first link is for the EXPS 3

here's the one for the 2

https://www.opticsplanet.com/american-defense-manufacturing-eotech-riser.html
View Quote

Another vote for ADM.

For the EXPS you'll need the R2 (AD-ETECH-R2-TAC) it's .4" rise.

Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Larue Tactical LT-101 or PRI riser rail has enough space for both.
View Quote

Do you suggest the QD mount or the other mounting solution?  I don’t really see wanting to take it off much but had never heard of the alternate solution from Larue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, all.  I do like the FAST riser.  I emailed them, and they said it raises the optic by .665 inches, which sounds perfect.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2020 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Slightly too tall for me with the QD base, but perfect for the XPS.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Conversely you can simply get a .5" picatinny riser for about $8 ( https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Super-Slots-Picatinny-Riser/dp/B01DUN8UXW )

I use this with my exps3-0 and works great, brings it up to 2.2" perfect for nvg use and the same height as the unity riser.  You could pay the extra $90 if you wanna flex on IG though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you suggest the QD mount or the other mounting solution?  I don’t really see wanting to take it off much but had never heard of the alternate solution from Larue.
View Quote

I don't own anything with the VFZ mounts, but haven't heard any bad things about them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Huh. Lot's of chatter lately about raising optics beyond 1/3. And here I am bumping mine back down to ACW.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Huh. Lot's of chatter lately about raising optics beyond 1/3. And here I am bumping mine back down to ACW.
View Quote

Yeah, I jumped on that train... Went Geissele 2.04", was crazy. Then to 1.93", eh... Then Badger 1.7" = Nirvana.

But I totally see the advantages of the taller mounts for sure.

Link Posted: 9/11/2020 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah, I jumped on that train... Went Geissele 2.04", was crazy. Then to 1.93", eh... Then Badger 1.7" = Nirvana.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very dependent on shooting style, facial and body shape etc.  Passive for NODs it's tough to not make a case for a 2.xx+.  Lower 1/3 is almost unusable with head mounted monocular and forget absolute.

I have a thermal scope on a lower 1/3 (1.5").  I have to bury my face in to get into the eyecup for engagement.  I put it on a Weaver .5" riser which should help.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Very dependent on shooting style, facial and body shape etc.  Passive for NODs it's tough to not make a case for a 2.xx+.  Lower 1/3 is almost unusable with head mounted monocular and forget absolute.

I have a thermal scope on a lower 1/3 (1.5").  I have to bury my face in to get into the eyecup for engagement.  I put it on a Weaver .5" riser which should help.
View Quote
Braggart.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Braggart.
View Quote

That'd be the nicest thing my wife would call me for my buying habits.  Can you convince her to allow me to keep going?  

On a serious note, the heads-up approach has helped in very real world applications.  Smushed face in an optic trying to hit running hogs is not ideal...

Link Posted: 9/11/2020 10:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That'd be the nicest thing my wife would call me for my buying habits.  Can you convince her to allow me to keep going?  

On a serious note, the heads-up approach has helped in very real world applications.  Smushed face in an optic trying to hit running hogs is not ideal...

View Quote

Smushed face?

I found that I shoot more consistently and accurately with ACW....which is why I have ditched 1/3.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 10:45:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Smushed face?

I found that I shoot more consistently and accurately with ACW....which is why I have ditched 1/3.
View Quote

Buried in the stock, pressed on the stock...have you convinced my wife yet?
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Conversely you can simply get a .5" picatinny riser for about $8 ( https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Super-Slots-Picatinny-Riser/dp/B01DUN8UXW )

I use this with my exps3-0 and works great, brings it up to 2.2" perfect for nvg use and the same height as the unity riser.  You could pay the extra $90 if you wanna flex on IG though.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip.  Wanted to try a raised profile and didn’t want to spend $100 on it if I didn’t like it.  Need to get to range and try it out.  Picked one up for the EOTech and one for my micro 3X magnifier.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top