AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ordered my first Holosun green dot from a dealer in the U.S. (it was brand new and not available here in Europe).
It took about 5 weeks til it was delivered (that's the normal time it takes to pass the customs).
When it arrived I noticed a technical issue with this sight.
The dealer said: "Returns only within 30 days"- this time was over, he didn't want to help me. The manufacturer said: "Yes, usually we would replace this item in warranty, but we cannot send it to you because we don't have an export license".
They also didn't wanted to help me... because as a chinese manufacturer it would be really easy to bypass ITAR. Simply send the item directly from China factory to Europe and there will not be any troubles with ITAR because this item will never be on U.S. ground.... But like I said, they didn't want to help me.

A friend of mine sent his defective EOTech to the manufacturer in the U.S. When they received the sight they told him that they need a completed form (BIS711?) to re-export it. But no one here knows how to get this form...

So mostly it is really hard to do business with companies in the U.S. although I really like some of their products.
View Quote
Ah I gotcha - so anything international could cause major delays. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
(Mistake - wrong thread )
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Yet we do still have those that don’t / won’t trust EOTech any more after there negative experience or the “scandal”.
View Quote
Those that typically have “issues” with their eotechs either used alkaline batteries when they should have been using lithium, or their eotech that shit the bed is a 10 year old 5 series that had known problems (delam, reticle fade, thermal drift), which have allegedly been fixed. I don’t have experience with all the new models, but I can say the EXPS 3-0 is good to go.
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
never thought ARFCOM would choose chicom knockoffs ....
View Quote
The better quality Chinese stuff is cheaper and more reliable than EOTech.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 1:30:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ah I gotcha - so anything international could cause major delays. Thanks.
View Quote
A "delay" would be ok. When I order something from overseas I accept that anything will take a longer time. But in this case there is simply no solution for this problem (I mean: there is a solution-I already mentioned. But nobody wants to solve that problem).
I had to buy the sight for a second time (from a dealer in the EU - now it is available here). I still have the defective sight and won't get a replacement although this issue is covered by warranty. That is annoying. After all, I paid ~ 450$ (with shipping, customs, taxes) for a sight I cannot use.
Customer support at its best...
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Those that typically have “issues” with their eotechs either used alkaline batteries when they should have been using lithium, or their eotech that shit the bed is a 10 year old 5 series that had known problems (delam, reticle fade, thermal drift), which have allegedly been fixed. I don’t have experience with all the new models, but I can say the EXPS 3-0 is good to go.
View Quote
I agree with you from what I’ve searched out. Most problems with EOTech models are from years ago before issues and were corrected and/or using alkaline batteries.

I’ve talked to EOTECH about this and they say the 5 series models are just as reliable as the XPS types. If batteries being in line with the recoil were a problem then why do manufacturers still use battery compartments that are parallel with  recoil? Like full size Aimpoints for example
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 6:01:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why is this even a serious consideration? Only one of the two is a combat proven optic that is still in use by America’s elite forces all over the world.
View Quote
Gov and MIL contract/buy stuff from lowest price bidders. Yes, it is used in the military but it doesn't mean that it's THE one to choose.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 12:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Just me, but I wouldn’t touch EoT
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]
holosun no doubt
the other has the resolution of an atari 2600
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I am not down on Eotech but back when optics started making their way onto everything it was ACOGs and M2s. Eotech was the budget option that would always get beat up by the other guys. I don't really know how Eotech ever rose to the same level as Trijicon or Aimpoint. To me Eotech started out in the "not as good" crowd of optics. Holosun has more options and has provided options that show a company looking to improve for us end users. Eotech has pretty much been stale and I would not spend the money on one. I have used several and was not that impressed.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#11]
The rifle under my bed used to have a CompM4 on it, it now has a Holosun and I pocketed the $400 difference.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Since my Department switched to Aimpoint in 2016 we've had more go down than we had Eotech go down when we started using them in in 2005.  The tactical guys are back using EXPS-3 and I'm working on getting them approved for patrol.

We have a mix of M2, Pro, and M4S models (@100 issued) and only the M4S are holding up.

I own a Holosun and use it on my CZ Scorpion.  I T&E'd one for duty use and it did not hold a zero.  Sample size of one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Since my Department switched to Aimpoint in 2016 we've had more go down than we had Eotech go down when we started using them in in 2005.  The tactical guys are back using EXPS-3 and I'm working on getting them approved for patrol.

We have a mix of M2, Pro, and M4S models (@100 issued) and only the M4S are holding up.

I own a Holosun and use it on my CZ Scorpion.  I T&E'd one for duty use and it did not hold a zero.  Sample size of one.
View Quote
Valuable info
Thank you for contributing.

Many think the Eotech 512 type / series are flawed cuz of the parallel battery compartment. But if your dating your reliable use of Eotech back to early 2000’s that parallel battery compartment was all they had. And some Aimpoin models use parallel long battery compartments as well.

Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:20:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
@RobNC
Which model of Holosun and with which mount did you use on which firearms. I am not calling you out by any means. I am very curious in which conditions the Holosun failed. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#15]
EXPS3 for me
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@RobNC
Which model of Holosun and with which mount did you use on which firearms. I am not calling you out by any means. I am very curious in which conditions the Holosun failed. Thanks!
View Quote
It was one of the new "military grade" optics with their built in QD mount and was mounted on a 11.5 Barnes Precision patrol rifle.  I don't know if that one is available commercially yet but the pricing was comparable to an Aimpoint M4s or EXPS-2.  There is a 510C this still being evaluated by another instructor that has not had any issues.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It was one of the new "military grade" optics with their built in QD mount and was mounted on a 11.5 Barnes Precision patrol rifle.  I don't know if that one is available commercially yet but the pricing was comparable to an Aimpoint M4s or EXPS-2.  There is a 510C this still being evaluated by another instructor that has not had any issues.

Rob
View Quote
Possibly the HE530?
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Aimpoint.
Because Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Eotech.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a holosun on the way, I'll review it next to my EXPS3-0 next week.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Aimpoint.
Because Aimpoint.
View Quote
There’s one in every crowd ... even if the OP does say:

“And no ... Aimpoint is not an accepted answer”

LOL
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aimpoint.
Because Aimpoint.

LOL
I figured you had your mind made up, and were all over the cheap Holosun.

I waited...then I could not resist.

Good luck with your decision, seriously  
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I figured you had your mind made up, and were all over the cheap Holosun.

I waited...then I could not resist.

Good luck with your decision, seriously  
View Quote

Haha! All in good fun :)

Thanks !
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top