Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2017 3:05:14 PM EDT
I built a 4.5” .22 CMMG upper and it was so much fun it needed its own lower and I built out  a shockwave pistol  brace on a lower.  Since the .22 doesnt use the buffer/buffertube, what is the best and easiest way to turn this into a folder?  Could I use something like this from US Machine?  http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=YGO-ARFLD

Is there something else or better without dropping $200 for a Law Folder when I don’t even need the functionality?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have experience with this product but it looks interesting: AGP Arms folding stock
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I am in the same situation and I have been looking at the Hera Arms SFU
Don't have one yet but looks promising.

https://www.rainierarms.com/hera-arms-side-folding-unit-sfu-9285/
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 2:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have experience with this product but it looks interesting: AGP Arms folding stock
View Quote
Not compatible with a “pistol” build though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 4:17:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ahh yes.  Reading is fundamental
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Guy on here made a folder for his 22 sbr out of a vz 58 folding stock. It looked awesome. I think he had a machinist make a metal plug that screwed into the receiver tube hole and he then affixed his stock to that somehow.

I have the same exact build as you are describing and want to do the same. Mine is on a pending sbr lower now. Im planning on putting together a dedicated 22 sbr and looking to put a folding stock on it. It will be wearing a brace for the time being.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I built a 4.5” .22 CMMG upper and it was so much fun it needed its own lower and I built out  a shockwave pistol  brace on a lower.  Since the .22 doesnt use the buffer/buffertube, what is the best and easiest way to turn this into a folder?  Could I use something like this from US Machine?  http://www.usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=YGO-ARFLD

Is there something else or better without dropping $200 for a Law Folder when I don’t even need the functionality?

Thanks
View Quote

I'm intrigued.  I found it for less here:  https://www.combathunting.com/AR-15_M16_M4_Stocks-UTG_AK47_Side_Folding_Stock_Adaptor_1.html

It doesn't strike me as a high quality part, and I'm not sure what is to keep the buffer tube from rotating, but for $20 I won't promise never to give it a spin.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
It is not made for an AR. As it is, the charging handle wiil not clear it. There is a set screw under it to keep the tube from rotating.
It can be made to work with an AR with a little thought

Link Posted: 10/30/2017 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Got my red dot today. Time to sight it in.
Attachment Attached File

And this is the side folding stock I was referring to. Its actually on a S&W M&P15-22. Looks awesome.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 1:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the ideas/tips, it looks like the Hera might be the way to go.  

jaydee, what adaptor is that and what did you need to do to get it to work with the charging handle?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for the ideas/tips, it looks like the Hera might be the way to go.  

jaydee, what adaptor is that and what did you need to do to get it to work with the charging handle?

Thanks
View Quote
It's the one you and Zukiphile linked to.

Look at this thread, scroll almost to the bottom of page 4.
Click here
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I built a 4.5” .22 CMMG upper and it was so much fun it needed its own lower and I built out  a shockwave pistol  brace on a lower.  Since the .22 doesnt use the buffer/buffertube, what is the best and easiest way to turn this into a folder?
View Quote
I also have a 4.5" 22lr upper, and while the idea of a cheap folder seems intriguing, I'm trying to think of practical uses . . .

Translation: Someone give me reasons I can sell to the cognitive part of my brain. The primitive part of my brain loves the idea!
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I also have a 4.5" 22lr upper, and while the idea of a cheap folder seems intriguing, I'm trying to think of practical uses . . .

Translation: Someone give me reasons I can sell to the cognitive part of my brain. The primitive part of my brain loves the idea!
View Quote
Putting it in a small range bag.  That's what I'm trying to talk myself into.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#14]

knock off law and I absolutely love it. It ALMOST fit into that bag in the pics but fits in any backpack with a shit ton of room to spare.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#15]
can anyone confirm if this will work on my .22 pistol with a taccom plug installed? mine runs better with the plug
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#16]
nope. my 16" taccom build would get one of these too if it didn't need the plug.
this cmmg build has been 100% reliable as is. fires folded, unfolded, whatever.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Incase you decide upon the stock route, AGP....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2017 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Finally got my folding adapter in. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top