User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 20
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don’t see looking at ones prior posts as creepy, if you do maybe you shouldn’t be on the interwebs? This is what people who want to know who their debating with do. No one knows you, you could be kid, some wanna be living in moms basement, or you could be a brilliant engineer with KAC, point is if someone is calling out someone it’s best to know their history, and something about you.

I asked you what you have contributed and you failed to provide proof, but made another accusation about how left wingers think, yet your deflecting answering the question, isn’t that how left wingers hunk as well? Your arguments constantly contradict themselves, and you wonder why others are looking at your past posts? I don’t give a shit either way as your constant contradictions more speak for themselves, you have been called out for it and now your pissed off for being called out. We who comprehend what we read get it. You got caught, and instead of just admitting it, you double down and do EXACTLY what your accusing others of doing.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/55975A87-B069-4173-A8AC-DCE4809EFCB3-2255153.jpg
View Quote

My first post in this thread was about how I think it makes people look bad to wave their contributions around and try to use them to shut people up or win arguments. I am definitely not going to do the exact thing that I thought was unbecoming of Molon's reputation, especially not because some random is trying to gatekeep me.

You people are at least twice as rabid with the G hate as you think the fanboys are with the G love and it's pretty funny.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The white-knighting in here for [Molon] is hilarious. And gross.
View Quote

That's really what it is, isn't it? My first post in this thread is at 8:17, just trying to help Molon out so he doesn't make himself look bad.

By 8:45 I've got some random dude putting his detective hat on, desperately trying to dig up anything he can to silence the critic.

Really is so sad that it's funny.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Super doody.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's really what it is, isn't it? My first post in this thread is at 8:17, just trying to help Molon out so he doesn't make himself look bad.

By 8:45 I've got some random dude putting his detective hat on, desperately trying to dig up anything he can to silence the critic.

Really is so sad that it's funny.
View Quote

Sad and yet common. I recall a short time ago I asked a question and Molon responded with a total attack against me. I had said nothing to him prior and I had a genuine question.

He has a massive ego and a team of worshippers here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#5]
What's sad is this forums ability to lose all sense of respect and composure in turn completely destroying any credibility the conversation once had. What's sad is allowing emotions to overcome a conversation that if held properly could benefit us all. Get your act together.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright guys enough!
Get it back on track and stop all the insults or I'm locked this thread.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, since you asked so nicely, I received the handguard with the barrel nut smashed into the rear of the handguard.  I needed to pound the barrel nut out from the other end using a delrin rod.  I had to use 800 grit wet paper to remove material from the inside of the handguard to get the barrel nut back into the handguard.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the hardness/thickness of the anodizing?

Perhaps you could post a link of you demonstrating how to do a home hardness/thickness test of anodizing and I'll give it a try.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not one word about it being dimensionally correct.
Not one test done to ascertain hardness, thicknesses of the anodised finish, or anything to do with actual QC inspection…
But hey, it feels rough on your soft hands, so it’s a POS…as if hand rubbing is a QC step. Maybe ask them to include a bottle of jergens for you.  That’s GD level derp.

Well, since you asked so nicely, I received the handguard with the barrel nut smashed into the rear of the handguard.  I needed to pound the barrel nut out from the other end using a delrin rod.  I had to use 800 grit wet paper to remove material from the inside of the handguard to get the barrel nut back into the handguard.  I wonder if that has anything to do with the hardness/thickness of the anodizing?

Perhaps you could post a link of you demonstrating how to do a home hardness/thickness test of anodizing and I'll give it a try.

Have you at least attempted a seal test?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My first post in this thread was about how I think it makes people look bad to wave their contributions around and try to use them to shut people up or win arguments. I am definitely not going to do the exact thing that I thought was unbecoming of Molon's reputation, especially not because some random is trying to gatekeep me.

You people are at least twice as rabid with the G hate as you think the fanboys are with the G love and it's pretty funny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t see looking at ones prior posts as creepy, if you do maybe you shouldn’t be on the interwebs? This is what people who want to know who their debating with do. No one knows you, you could be kid, some wanna be living in moms basement, or you could be a brilliant engineer with KAC, point is if someone is calling out someone it’s best to know their history, and something about you.

I asked you what you have contributed and you failed to provide proof, but made another accusation about how left wingers think, yet your deflecting answering the question, isn’t that how left wingers hunk as well? Your arguments constantly contradict themselves, and you wonder why others are looking at your past posts? I don’t give a shit either way as your constant contradictions more speak for themselves, you have been called out for it and now your pissed off for being called out. We who comprehend what we read get it. You got caught, and instead of just admitting it, you double down and do EXACTLY what your accusing others of doing.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/55975A87-B069-4173-A8AC-DCE4809EFCB3-2255153.jpg

I honestly don’t know if you have a low IQ or reading comprehension issues? This was not meant as a insult or name calling but you seriously can not comprehend what others have posted or have said. You do have control issues and your first post points this out, then when you continued it became apparent, do it my way or your wrong. Then your pattern was noticed and a little checking and you were called out on it.

When that happened you doubled down with the accusations and name calling.  Your comprehension is lousy as I asked a simple question about what you have contributed to this site, forum or thread, you deflected, now it’s your first post in this thread. Great contribution do as I say, or your wrong. You fail miserably at comprehension or you wouldn’t talk about Giessele hate, please post where I said I hated them? I have said I’ve dealt with their customer service not once but twice, and both times sucked, and I rather call the IRS or Verizon, point is my experiences were terrible and I quite frankly don’t feel like dealing with them again. Now where is the gate? I’ve also said I was planning on getting another MK4 13.5 in black but will hold off and wait and see what happens. Where is the hate?

I also said I want to try one of their barrels, but I’m waiting to read what others find for long term finish wear, you see I use my rifles and they get banged around some that’s what happens when you use them. So again where is the hate? I also said I will stick to their triggers for now, again where is the hate? If this was just Molon, or someone else or myself I’d be like shit happens I get it, but it’s not. It is well documented the problems with Giessele so it’s not isolated. Giessele used to be on the forum allot, allot that is until problems started arising, then slowly they have become more and more silent. They know this thread is going, as do other threads about them. Their silence speaks volumes. Giessele being what they are I’ll monitor gun boards as it is another form of QC and to ignore it is a huge mistake on their part, or any manufacture for that matter, if they don’t they don’t care.

QC and marketing isn’t just place a ad or two, do a couple interviews, it’s feedback and if your refuse to acknowledge what the boards are saying you are missing the majority of the buyers say and feel, your also failing at your job. @Jonny1904 made a post I don’t entirely agree with as to still purchasing and accepting white chalky finishes, I don’t but that’s him and not me, if that’s what he wants to do it’s his money not mine, nor did he come down on me for refusing to buy as I find it unacceptable. Yet you feel the need to trash both of us, push and agree with your point or view or else I’m going to call you names. Funny thing here is every time you make accusations and call names makes you loose any remaining creditability you have remaking.

You don’t regain credibility by accusing others of exactly what you are doing, you don’t regain credibility after being called out for what you are in fact doing.  My advice here to you is to quit posting, and really work hard on your control issues as well as reading comprehension skills.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I honestly don’t know if you have a low IQ or reading comprehension issues? This was not meant as a insult or name calling but you seriously can not comprehend what others have posted or have said. You do have control issues and your first post points this out, then when you continued it became apparent, do it my way or your wrong. Then your pattern was noticed and a little checking and you were called out on it.

When that happened you doubled down with the accusations and name calling.  Your comprehension is lousy as I asked a simple question about what you have contributed to this site, forum or thread, you deflected, now it’s your first post in this thread. Great contribution do as I say, or your wrong. You fail miserably at comprehension or you wouldn’t talk about Giessele hate, please post where I said I hated them? I have said I’ve dealt with their customer service not once but twice, and both times sucked, and I rather call the IRS or Verizon, point is my experiences were terrible and I quite frankly don’t feel like dealing with them again. Now where is the gate? I’ve also said I was planning on getting another MK4 13.5 in black but will hold off and wait and see what happens. Where is the hate?

I also said I want to try one of their barrels, but I’m waiting to read what others find for long term finish wear, you see I use my rifles and they get banged around some that’s what happens when you use them. So again where is the hate? I also said I will stick to their triggers for now, again where is the hate? If this was just Molon, or someone else or myself I’d be like shit happens I get it, but it’s not. It is well documented the problems with Giessele so it’s not isolated. Giessele used to be on the forum allot, allot that is until problems started arising, then slowly they have become more and more silent. They know this thread is going, as do other threads about them. Their silence speaks volumes. Giessele being what they are I’ll monitor gun boards as it is another form of QC and to ignore it is a huge mistake on their part, or any manufacture for that matter, if they don’t they don’t care.

QC and marketing isn’t just place a ad or two, do a couple interviews, it’s feedback and if your refuse to acknowledge what the boards are saying you are missing the majority of the buyers say and feel, your also failing at your job. @Jonny1904 made a post I don’t entirely agree with as to still purchasing and accepting white chalky finishes, I don’t but that’s him and not me, if that’s what he wants to do it’s his money not mine, nor did he come down on me for refusing to buy as I find it unacceptable. Yet you feel the need to trash both of us, push and agree with your point or view or else I’m going to call you names. Funny thing here is every time you make accusations and call names makes you loose any remaining creditability you have remaking.

You don’t regain credibility by accusing others of exactly what you are doing, you don’t regain credibility after being called out for what you are in fact doing.  My advice here to you is to quit posting, and really work hard on your control issues as well as reading comprehension skills.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/C40179D5-94E2-4652-A88D-053F84F9AFE0-2255217.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/85971/C40179D5-94E2-4652-A88D-053F84F9AFE0-2255217.jpg

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can the great Molon please cite the instances of poor CS Geissele has deigned to show him?

The white-knighting in here for him is hilarious. And gross.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As mentioned before.  Product quality seems to be an issue for G.  At what point do you move on from ‘just contact customer service’… for example is it the 3rd occurrence or the 50th?   At some point the manufacturer develops a reputation. We have seen that many times over with other companies,  and we are seeing that here as well.

Can the great Molon please cite the instances of poor CS Geissele has deigned to show him?

The white-knighting in here for him is hilarious. And gross.

I have seen several posts and threads here citing the poor CS & sub par product.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He's obviously talking about me, he's a narcissist that needs the last words to make him think that he's wOn, who just projected that he doesn't shoot more than those he freely personally attacks with false assumptions (His 3rd personal attack on me with his 4th in total with just one at Molon).

I'm pretty sure that I've stated multiple times in this thread that function>form, which should be an indicator to those with above room temperature IQ's that someone indeed shoots his guns. He can't figure that out just as much he can't understand that if people who pay for premium prices also expect premium finishes among other things. He can settle on his "collection" all he wants in whatever condition they are, they're his property that he paid for. However he's not free to expect us to do the same and making excuses for us to cave in and do what he's demanding of us.

And I scratched to shit my T-2, dinged my Colt 11.5 FBI, and both dinged and scratched my Warden at Gunsite. Totally worth it and had absolutely zero F's to give as they're tools and now nO lOnGeR pReMiUm; If they came with a messed up finish, I'd equally bitch about that too because when I pay for premium things, I expect to receive premium products which is absolutely no fault of mine nor anyone else's to expect. He can pound sand all day long, his opinions don't trump mine nor Molon's, or anyone else for that concern either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im guessing you also don't actually shoot your guns?

Also, I own multiple G rails. One had the chalky texture. But guess what? I don't give a shit, I shoot my guns, they get scratched, dropped etc. Guess what else? It's no longer a chalky 'premium' rail.

and yes, feel free to place me on ignore.

I bought a new Rolex that was scratched, no big deal, I'm going to scratch it eventually because I actually wear it.

He's obviously talking about me, he's a narcissist that needs the last words to make him think that he's wOn, who just projected that he doesn't shoot more than those he freely personally attacks with false assumptions (His 3rd personal attack on me with his 4th in total with just one at Molon).

I'm pretty sure that I've stated multiple times in this thread that function>form, which should be an indicator to those with above room temperature IQ's that someone indeed shoots his guns. He can't figure that out just as much he can't understand that if people who pay for premium prices also expect premium finishes among other things. He can settle on his "collection" all he wants in whatever condition they are, they're his property that he paid for. However he's not free to expect us to do the same and making excuses for us to cave in and do what he's demanding of us.

And I scratched to shit my T-2, dinged my Colt 11.5 FBI, and both dinged and scratched my Warden at Gunsite. Totally worth it and had absolutely zero F's to give as they're tools and now nO lOnGeR pReMiUm; If they came with a messed up finish, I'd equally bitch about that too because when I pay for premium things, I expect to receive premium products which is absolutely no fault of mine nor anyone else's to expect. He can pound sand all day long, his opinions don't trump mine nor Molon's, or anyone else for that concern either.

Yes because a 'luxury item' is the same as one of the most produced firearms ever. Lmfao.
And if you actually used your g-rail with the white chalkiness you'd notice it would clean up. But you're too dense to figure that out. What am I demanding of you? Lol. Holy shit having your disability must be rough.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You're thinking of parkerized.
Anodization is a process whereby the surface of the aluminum is chemically hardened with pores that can accept dye or be left undyed. Post-dye, it needs a second run in the tank to close the pores up.
There could be several possibilities on what is going on here. If the part sit out too long post-deox, they will oxidize back up (aluminum oxidizes amazingly fast!) leaving a poor surface from the get go and will not give a good finish no matter what. Only cure here is to drop it in the deox again, then rinse and put in the anodizing tank.
I suspect in this case, however, it's never gotten the seal or it has not gotten enough seal.
Anodizing well is a pain in the ass and requires a lot of QC at every step (is the tech keeping an eye on the tank temp and makeup?)
I would personally return that rail and explain exactly what you see.
A properly anodized part should NEVER have a permeable finish.

Nick
View Quote

lets remove the subjectivity and bias, and make this review technical

very simple seal test can be performed by the reviewer right at his home (that is of course assuming he has capability to work safely with the necessary chemical and not risk injury to himself)
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well you've done your part to make sure that it wasn't belonging in here to say the least. You're showing enough of an emotional investment full of demands for what should have done according to you, rather than living and let live. Very small post count, but an awful lot in pretty much just subjects that involves Geissele and a crap-ton of it in here on repeat.

Perhaps you should sit this one out and not let previous investments taking control of these emotions of yours, and let the OP be himself instead of caving in to your rinse and repeated demands to talk to Geissele. Hint, he doesn't have to do any of that, and in fact he's responded positively to one member about about how to fix the issue with a fine scrubbing pad.
View Quote

I assure you there is no emotional attachment to any brand. I simply rely on logic and past experience when it comes to this hobby of ours. Pretty much all of my posts discussing or suggesting Geissele is based on merits of design, not love for the company. There are several key issues I take with them: no more barrel nut wrenches with rails, switching to subpar barrel finish, and most recently I learned they switched to presumably cheaper Surefire flash hider on Super Duty rifles as opposed to Warcomp. Point being, they’re far from infallible and those were fucked up decisions. They alone dissuade me from buying individual G parts. However, do those “cons” outweigh the decreased dwell time from custom gas length, accuracy, or most importantly forged bolts that extend lug life on their complete rifles? For me they do not and that’s why I recommend them for someone looking to buy a factory rifle…but I merely bring these points up when the topic arises to point them out to those considering. So hopefully, that addresses the posts you’re referencing.

As far as this thread, I understand why he is mad, I would be pissed to. But literally complaining about it over and over again with ZERO attempt to rectify it or find a solution is arbitrary and simply stirring the pot rather then eliciting a “technical” discussion. This is very likely a sample of one or an anomaly. I say that because this is the first I’ve seen or heard it being discussed. There are many reasons to bitch/avoid Geissele, but a sample of one screwed up finish isn’t one of them in my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Yooooooo guys. Heads up.

13.5” DDC MK16 rails are back in stock.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#15]
LOL!

This fucking place cracks me up! I've had waaaay more purple barney shit from KAC (GASP!!!) than any other brand that I've owned.

Did it have an effect on function? No, but I also don't give a fuck because I shoot the guns instead of caring how they look in pics on ARFCOM.

Quoted:
Geissele has been an instagram brand for years. The only products that were actually special and truly premium were the triggers.
Everything else is done better or done cheaper by someone else.
View Quote

HAHAHA!

Guess who just chose a G rifle to replace their 416's? Even choosing it over the beloved SR16. A place that can literally buy/issue any carbine that they want.

Speaking of IG brands... isn't that what people have been saying about Noveske too? Well, we all know who issues those now...

Moral of the story is that JSOC is a fan of Instagram!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So you admit to getting screwed by purchasing a product not as advertised, paying full price for a obvious blemish and are happy, and everyone else should be happy who don’t get what they pay for? Ok that sums up everything you have posted, and your the one name calling. Got it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get to make the terms, we do? Lol who is we? You're such a goober.

1+1 does not equal 5 by the way, and that's the third time you've personally attacked rather than to accept that you were in the wrong.

Have fun being ignored from here on out.

And this WE is for those of us who own this chalky premium paid turd. Enjoy your gooberness self buddy, you've earned it and then some.

Edit: And now you're name calling another, a fight you picked and agitated even more.

Also, I own multiple G rails. One had the chalky texture. But guess what? I don't give a shit, I shoot my guns, they get scratched, dropped etc. Guess what else? It's no longer a chalky 'premium' rail.

So you admit to getting screwed by purchasing a product not as advertised, paying full price for a obvious blemish and are happy, and everyone else should be happy who don’t get what they pay for? Ok that sums up everything you have posted, and your the one name calling. Got it.

Was I screwed? No not really. If I was purchasing something that I had expectations of being perfect that might be different but I didn't. I don't anytime I make a gun purchase, especially for an ar platform.
He obviously wants attention at this point instead of addressing the problem. And you few sucking him off keep him going.

Edit: If it was a non reversible problem, unlike this one, on an expensive gun such as an AI I would. I got a microtech Combat Troodon recently, anodizing wasn't perfect, I didn't cry.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Post count and join date.
View Quote

Yet you felt comfortable enough to buy a Geissele handguard from me last week…
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yet you felt comfortable enough to buy a Geissele handguard from me last week
View Quote

Now that’s fucking funny!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:50:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, I have never said I didn’t like them, I never said I didn’t like them, I actually like their products allot, what I said was I was putting off the purchase of a new one. The one I bought from you was used, in excellent shape and the photos backed it up. Now let’s say you tried to sell one on the EE that looked like the one received by Molon, I’m betting that sale to me or anyone else wouldn’t go as smooth. You pay for a product that looks like most every other one, a highly finished one that looks good and you receive what Molon got you’d be pissed off as well. Maybe I should rephrase I’m not buying any new unless I can look at it before purchase to see EXACTLY what I will receive. See that’s how a clarification is, and it is not back peddling as I have never changed my stance on what I have said originally. This place I swear people either can’t comprehend what is written or they simply choose to ignore it.

ETA, What I bought from you a 13.5 MK4 has no bearing on what I have said, nor part of this thread, but it seems so many want to pull all these side shows in to dilute the posts made. It in no way changes any points I have made, nor does it change the facts of this post. The grabbing at straws to change the narrative here is astonishing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:13:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
it seems so many want to pull all these side shows in to dilute the posts made. It in no way changes any points I have made, nor does it change the facts of this post. The grabbing at straws to change the narrative here is astonishing.
View Quote

You mean like going through someone's post history to accuse them of being a shill just because they said "hey man, don't be petty"?

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:13:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Was I screwed? No not really. If I was purchasing something that I had expectations of being perfect that might be different but I didn't. I don't anytime I make a gun purchase, especially for an ar platform.
He obviously wants attention at this point instead of addressing the problem. And you few sucking him off keep him going.

Edit: If it was a non reversible problem, unlike this one, on an expensive gun such as an AI I would. I got a microtech Combat Troodon recently, anodizing wasn't perfect, I didn't cry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't get to make the terms, we do? Lol who is we? You're such a goober.

1+1 does not equal 5 by the way, and that's the third time you've personally attacked rather than to accept that you were in the wrong.

Have fun being ignored from here on out.

And this WE is for those of us who own this chalky premium paid turd. Enjoy your gooberness self buddy, you've earned it and then some.

Edit: And now you're name calling another, a fight you picked and agitated even more.

Well tell your self what ever you need to, you paid for a product that looked l excellent, and received a product lower then their blemulas, even Giessele recognizes sub par. So yes you paid to much, there for screwed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Again, I have never said I didn’t like them, I never said I didn’t like them, I actually like their products allot, what I said was I was putting off the purchase of a new one. The one I bought from you was used, in excellent shape and the photos backed it up. Now let’s say you tried to sell one on the EE that looked like the one received by Molon, I’m betting that sale to me or anyone else wouldn’t go as smooth. You pay for a product that looks like most every other one, a highly finished one that looks good and you receive what Molon got you’d be pissed off as well. Maybe I should rephrase I’m not buying any new unless I can look at it before purchase to see EXACTLY what I will receive. See that’s how a clarification is, and it is not back peddling as I have never changed my stance on what I have said originally. This place I swear people either can’t comprehend what is written or they simply choose to ignore it.

ETA, What I bought from you a 13.5 MK4 has no bearing on what I have said, nor part of this thread, but it seems so many want to pull all these side shows in to dilute the posts made. It in no way changes any points I have made, nor does it change the facts of this post. The grabbing at straws to change the narrative here is astonishing.
View Quote

Dude I absolutely get your point, I was busting balls for pointing out me being new. No offense meant. Glad it arrived and you’re happy btw!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’d like to make a different scenario, you pictured what you sold me, but sent what Molon received how would you feel?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Dude I absolutely get your point, I was busting balls for pointing out me being new. No offense meant. Glad it arrived and you’re happy btw!!
View Quote

No worries and I’m not mad, in fact I need to leave you positive feedback! My issue was and yes it was funny, many here will use it to add points to their failed argument. Plus I’ll say it here first,
If I can find another MK4 like the one I got from you I will buy it! It’s a known condition item, and I don’t have to wait how ever long!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:No worries and I’m not mad, in fact I need to leave you positive feedback!
View Quote

I see where you’re coming from, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this about sums up this thread perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
LOL!

This fucking place cracks me up! I've had waaaay more purple barney shit from KAC (GASP!!!) than any other brand that I've owned.

Did it have an effect on function? No, but I also don't give a fuck because I shoot the guns instead of caring how they look in pics on ARFCOM.

HAHAHA!

Guess who just chose a G rifle to replace their 416's? Even choosing it over the beloved SR16. A place that can literally buy/issue any carbine that they want.

Speaking of IG brands... isn't that what people have been saying about Noveske too? Well, we all know who issues those now...

View Quote

@S-1

So they’re going with a complete G rifle?  Lower, barrel, etc?

Any pics yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:No worries and I’m not mad, in fact I need to leave you positive feedback!

I also owe you a apology for my post count, joint date. Sorry about that, it seems so many 20’s and 21’s just want to stir shit up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at all, irrelevant to my posts, maybe you should reread my posts?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I also owe you a apology for my post count, joint date. Sorry about that, it seems so many 20’s and 21’s just want to stir shit up.
View Quote

I’m lower then whale shit around here, no you don’t lol. But no offense taken!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#34]
There is 11 pages I want to read but I’m worried it’s mostly bickering
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well tell your self what ever you need to, you paid for a product that looked l excellent, and received a product lower then their blemulas, even Giessele recognizes sub par. So yes you paid to much, there for screwed.
View Quote

Would you like to see a picture of my rail now? And $200 isn't a lot of money. Lol

Edit: My perfectly black rail thar was chalky that is? You know until I used it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There is 11 pages I want to read but I’m worried it’s mostly bickering
View Quote

huge misunderstanding.  OP contacted customer service and is being sent a new rail, easy-peasy.  

oh, almost forgot.  there also seems to be an underground market for people who refuse to spend money with said companies, but get around that (in their mind) by buying said product off the EE instead (without leaving return feedback as to not be traceable to said sale).  make sense?

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

huge misunderstanding.  OP contacted customer service and is being sent a new rail, easy-peasy.  

oh, almost forgot.  there also seems to be an underground market for people who refuse to spend money with said companies, but get around that (in their mind) by buying said product off the EE instead (without leaving return feedback as to not be traceable to said sale).  make sense?

View Quote

Actually I buy from Giessele direct most of the time, I have a vendor account with them, thing is if I’m building something and I want or need it now, if it’s not in stock, I look to other vendors here or the EE, depend on what I need or how quick I need it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#39]
This thread is taking the front page of tech into GIFT territory.  I've hung around the forums for years, and obviously read Molon's posts.  I take them for what they're worth.  They're a no excuses sample of one with everything controlled, or at least all conditions noted.  I wish he'd taken the same measured approach to this issue.  No, I wouldn't be happy with what he received, if the rails are indeed advertised as "velvet" finish.  However, the added step of reaching out to them might net you the result desired.  It might help Geissele too.  If you own a lot of products from a company, and believe it is quality, then you should want to help them maintain it.  Unless your goal is to slow their business, and give them more time to QC product before it goes out the door.  Anyways, no excuses get made for your other posts.  Don't make any excuses for not trying to get the issue rectified through Geissele.  If they don't help, then that is all the more reason for this thread to exist.  If they are willing to help after having their name dragged through the mud in a dozen page shit show it would show some class.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@S-1

Any pics yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL!

HAHAHA!

@S-1

Any pics yet?

From I've heard, yes, but with the Surefire BCG.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Would you like to see a picture of my rail now? And $200 isn't a lot of money. Lol

Edit: My perfectly black rail thar was chalky that is? You know until I used it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ever makes you sleep at night, none of mine have gone chalky, and proper anodizing shouldn’t, yes it dries and lightens from sun light and chemicals, but not like Molons, there are other issues there than the color, but I’m betting your a expert in metallurgy, and andonizing now as well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They copied me. Ive been using that exact combo on my RR for awhile now.

Maybe they saw it on Cola Warriors instagram or something.
View Quote

Does the cam path or long stroke have discernible difference as far as recoil impulse/muzzle climb is concerned? I would think the longer stroke does but may be nullified by decreased chamber. Or no impact no idea, just here for the reliability increase?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#45]
So is Ann-Margret coming or not?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Man yells at clouds thread.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Super noticeable reduction of ROF, really really smooth shooting, Id assume its a combo of the cam path, weight built in, & longer stroke, but its very very much smoother on auto.

Not really noticeable enough on semi to bother putting it in my semi guns, but Ive got them in both the uppers I use on my RR now.
View Quote

Makes sense, on my gamer gun (super duty 16”) I’m using vltor a5h2 and SJC brake. Don’t want to get into adjustable carriers or gas blocks and wasn’t sure how the Surefire fared.

To keep it on topic, has the Surefire BCG affected your Geissele finish?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, it’s a really weird thread.

Anyway my next Super Duty upper shows up Friday, I hope it’s ugly as sin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL!

HAHAHA!

Yeah, it’s a really weird thread.

Anyway my next Super Duty upper shows up Friday, I hope it’s ugly as sin.

Dude, your bad ass ugly G SD is going to be the star of IG this weekend.

DM me bro!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I thought this was for technical discussions.
This has to be the definition of a clusterfuck.

If just about anyone else had started a topic like this without contacting the manufacturer first they would have gotten roasted and the thread would have gotten locked. But I guess if you make a few posts about statistical averages you get a pass?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I thought this was for technical discussions.
This has to be the definition of a clusterfuck.

If just about anyone else had started a topic like this without contacting the manufacturer first they would have gotten roasted and the thread would have gotten locked. But I guess if you make a few posts about statistical averages you get a pass?
View Quote

Yea…. The thing is G’s quality or lack there of has seemingly become common place.

For example.

1 person gets a lemon.. contact manufacture.

15 people have product issues, thread locks etc.  time to shed some light IMHO.
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top