Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
AR Sponsor
Yesterday 6:39:57 PM EDT
Looking to get a large obj red dot sight for a couple of new guns. I have an AEMS Ronin on an AKV, and I like it, but it's a little pricey for what I want to put another one on, so I'd like to keep it under 300. there's a sale on Eotech 512s, but they're a little heavy and have crap for battery life. Maybe the regular AEMS, or 510 or 512. I'd like to have at least 30mm objective.
I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls - I shall never surrender or retreat.
- W B Travis
Timeos Seres et dona ferentes
Yesterday 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Osight R
Yesterday 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Originally Posted By india13c:
Osight R
View Quote

eh, I am not ready to jump on that battery explosion just yet

are they rechargeable or can you replace the battery?
I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls - I shall never surrender or retreat.
- W B Travis
Timeos Seres et dona ferentes
Yesterday 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my MRO HD and GLx 1x I’ve bought recently. Both kick ass, unlike my eyes.
Yesterday 9:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ScoutH57][Edited] [#4]
I’d just get the cheaper AEMS core or whatever it’s called like you said.

Should be $300 or less



I’m not ready to jump on Osight optics either. Five that shit some time
Yesterday 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
2032 battery
Today 12:32:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak][Edited] [#6]
Quote History
Originally Posted By india13c:
Osight R
View Quote

Fantastic option.  The Griffin Armament GHS is another.  There is some tint to the glass, but that thing is the largest window red dot I own.  Not under $300 though.
Today 12:45:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carholio][Edited] [#7]
You could look at a Holosun aro evo spr and a 3x magnifier combo for mid 300.  The evo has a 26mm lens.  It doesn't feel quite as big as my aems pro but it feels a lot bigger than my t2.  Think aimpoint pro window size.  I think just the optic with no magnifier goes for ~150 ish.

.
I am not an operator nor am I very smart.
Keep that in mind when reading my comments:-)
Today 12:48:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carholio][Edited] [#8]
Quote History
Originally Posted By chevrofreak:

Fantastic option.  The Griffin Armament GHS is another.  There is some tint to the glass, but that thing is the largest window red dot I own.  Not under $300 though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Originally Posted By chevrofreak:
Originally Posted By india13c:
Osight R

Fantastic option.  The Griffin Armament GHS is another.  There is some tint to the glass, but that thing is the largest window red dot I own.  Not under $300 though.



Have you seen the reviews pointing out the R's distortion of the circle dot at the top of the window?  It literally squishes it down and it looks like a football.

Are you the guy that is some sort of tech rep for osight?  There was someone i remember from other posts about the R.

.
I am not an operator nor am I very smart.
Keep that in mind when reading my comments:-)
Today 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Originally Posted By carholio:



Have you seen the reviews pointing out the R's distortion of the circle dot at the top of the window?  It literally squishes it down and it looks like a football.

Are you the guy that is some sort of tech rep for osight?  There was someone i remember from other posts about the R.

.
View Quote

Not a rep, I do T&E for them (for free).  I just saw that post and that is truly shockingly bad.  My prototypes don't like anything like that.  There has to be a bad batch of something that got put into production optics or something.  I messaged the cofounder to see if he know what is going on.
Today 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Used Aimpoint Comp M2 or M3 can be found for $300-400. They are reliable, durable, and well proven. Don’t waste your money on Chinesium garbage.
Today 8:11:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EnablerNo1][Edited] [#11]
Quote History
Originally Posted By chevrofreak:

Not a rep, I do T&E for them (for free).
View Quote


I read this as you’re biased toward their products.
Today 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:
I’d just get the cheaper AEMS core or whatever it’s called like you said.

Should be $300 or less
View Quote


I got one of these for my main competition rifle.  I couldn't care less about flip caps, solar, multi reticle, or whatever else the more expensive one comes with, I think it was on sale for $220 or something.
No issues so far.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

AR Sponsor