AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread, but I shot an M60 just fine left handed.
View Quote
#metoo
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Guys, everyone is worried about getting used to ambi controls and thereafter not being able to operate a non-modified carbine.

It's not really a concern. I switch from full blown ambi carbines to standard ones with no problems.

Ambi controls make running the AR15 style carbines much easier. Granted, non-modified AR15s are not that hard to run for lefty's, but if I can gain some time using friendlier controls, I'll do it.
View Quote
Yep. I have no concerns about picking up someone elses rifle and not remembering how to operate it.  

I appreciate the input from the folks who provided some parts options. I have both Norgon and Troy ambi mag releases laying around because I replaced them with the Forward Control option. Much easier to use IMO.

I also have half a dozen Geiselle maritime catches that I bought during a black friday sale for cheap, but they dont work with the mag releases.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This.

I can use a non-ambi just fine, but I much prefer one with a few left hand friendly upgrades.

Me, I’m not going to put up with using a non-optimal weapon in the off chance I might have to pick up some random gun and start using it.  If I do have to, it won’t take but a second to re-acclimate to it.

Of course there are some who are just issued whatever from a pool or are stuck with whatever is assigned to them, mounted in their vehicles, etc. I get that train of thought for them.
View Quote
All my rifles are configured identical as far as ambi controls are concerned. Im just looking to see if someone has found a "better" parts combination.

I have zero concern about ever having to use someone elses rifle and not being able to adapt to it. This extremely unlikely scenario doesn't weigh heavily on the way I set up my personal rifles.

In fact, I think everyone should be setting up their rifles for ambi just in case I have to use it at some point. #leftyshootersmatter
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

All my rifles are configured identical as far as ambi controls are concerned. Im just looking to see if someone has found a "better" parts combination.

I have zero concern about ever having to use someone elses rifle and not being able to adapt to it. This extremely unlikely scenario doesn't weigh heavily on the way I set up my personal rifles.

In fact, I think everyone should be setting up their rifles for ambi just in case I have to use it at some point. #leftyshootersmatter
View Quote
I wholeheartedly agree!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

(SNIP)

I also have half a dozen Geiselle maritime catches that I bought during a black friday sale for cheap, but they dont work with the mag releases.
View Quote
They will if you own a dremel.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 2:46:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I shoot left-handed and I used to be content with standard set up until I did an apple seed shoot shooting from the sling and realized how hard it is to change magazines when shooting off of my right elbow you know without getting out of my slung up position entirely.

The left hand magazine release is a must in my opinion unless you’re only shooting off hand or from a bench .

That being said I will not buy a troy product and I recommend that none of you do either

Of course Norgon Makes a left-handed magazine button and also the last one I bought was from some company called maximum velocity or something like that
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m left handed and left eye dominant. I’ve found my LWRCI to be what I needed without any of the compromises that my other build with all the aftermarket ambi parts has.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(SNIP)

You. I like you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I shoot left-handed and I used to be content with standard set up until I did an apple seed shoot shooting from the sling and realized how hard it is to change magazines when shooting off of my right elbow you know without getting out of my slung up position entirely.

The left hand magazine release is a must in my opinion unless you’re only shooting off hand or from a bench .

That being said I will not buy a troy product and I recommend that none of you do either

Of course Norgon Makes a left-handed magazine button and also the last one I bought was from some company called maximum velocity or something like that
View Quote
I had 3 of them at one point and I was not a fan. I do have a Troy that came on a rifle I bought and I think its works better than the Norgon. Troy paired up with the maritime mag release is a decent combo.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top